No announcement yet.

2019 Saltwater Fishing Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Topwater bite is on in POC. Limits two mornings in a roll within an hour.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by kd350 View Post
      In yalls opinion what’s the better color dsl plum or purple reign? There’s so many colors of dsl I like that I don’t know which one to throw, or have to buy every color and carry them all when I go

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
      I think the color stuff is overrated. Pick something you like and it’ll probably work. The only color I use is plum/chartreuse, and only two types of plastics, I’m not kidding. You can ask the guys that fish with me. I’m not a pro but catch enough fish to be happy. Lol. IMO the important part is being able to find fish. If you can locate feeding fish, it doesn’t matter what you put out there, as long as it moves they will eat it. The other thing is to experiment with your retrieve and try to figure out how they want it. Most days I’m ripping baits back to me, sometimes they like it slower though.

Comment

Originally posted by panhandlehunter View Post
        I think the color stuff is overrated. Pick something you like and it’ll probably work. The only color I use is plum/chartreuse, and only two types of plastics, I’m not kidding. You can ask the guys that fish with me. I’m not a pro but catch enough fish to be happy. Lol. IMO the important part is being able to find fish. If you can locate feeding fish, it doesn’t matter what you put out there, as long as it moves they will eat it. The other thing is to experiment with your retrieve and try to figure out how they want it. Most days I’m ripping baits back to me, sometimes they like it slower though.
        Wise words from one of the best fishermen I know...

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Comment

I throw chicken on a chain, electric chicken, plum/chart, salt and pepper/ chart tail, and bone topwaters. If they aren’t eating one of those I’ll just not catch them. I throw different tail patterns of each but those are the only colors

Comment

Originally posted by khunter View Post
            Topwater bite is on in POC. Limits two mornings in a roll within an hour.

That’s awesome! What time of day? Water depth? Thanks!

Comment

Port Lavaca and poc the last 2 days!
              Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by gigem95 View Post
                That’s awesome! What time of day? Water depth? Thanks!

First light and average water depth 4’.

Comment

Originally posted by khunter View Post
                  First light and average water depth 4’.

10-4. Thanks!

Comment

That's no good. Was planning being down there Friday. Water all dirty? We caught them last year in that fresh water down there tight to the shoreline.
                    I’ll have a better report tomorrow, working Boggy first
                    Then north shore to Chick/pen
                    Then east end , working west , will quit at Oyster Farm

Comment

Originally posted by Leemo View Post
                      I’ll have a better report tomorrow, working Boggy first
                      Then north shore to Chick/pen
                      Then east end , working west , will quit at Oyster Farm
                      Appreciate it.

Comment

Looking for input on the Seagrove, FL area. In my VERY limited knowledge of saltwater fishing, would it basically be the same way you would fish on the coast of Texas? I'll be strictly beach fishing, no charters or kayaks.

I'll be there July 19-28 for vacation. Only gonna have room for a couple setups with limited tackle.

Just looking to maximize my efficiency.. thanks in advance.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by hully1029 View Post
                          Looking for input on the Seagrove, FL area. In my VERY limited knowledge of saltwater fishing, would it basically be the same way you would fish on the coast of Texas? I'll be strictly beach fishing, no charters or kayaks.

I'll be there July 19-28 for vacation. Only gonna have room for a couple setups with limited tackle.

No real advice other than FL beaches aren’t anything like Texas beaches. Much prettier but fishing was tough. If you have a kayak bring it. Fishing is much better out of the kayak off the beach. You can catch all kinds of stuff a 1/2 mile off the beach there.

Comment

Originally posted by hully1029 View Post

Big silver spoons and a leader. You'll catch all kinds of stuff!

Comment

Originally posted by Mexico View Post
                              Lol man we're ready. Been over 2 years since we took a vacation just the 2 of us.

Right on man, y’all enjoy it!

Comment

This [emoji115]. The only thing I would add is that to me, it has SO much to do with your own confidence. In DSL, I like the plum/chart in Matty, and in Galveston the Chartreuse Flash, a silver and green soft dine(regardless of where I’m fishing).
                                If I could throw only one lure all the time, it would probably be the DSL plum/chart but that is because I’m confident with it. In my mind, when I tie that on, if I’m not getting bit I feel like it’s because the fish aren’t there, so I’ll move spots before I’ll tie something else on. With other baits, I’ll keep tying on something different and fishing the same spot with no results. I’m certainly no pro, but I can usually put a few fish in the box each time I go.

Comment

Working...
                                X