How many fly fishermen on here.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

just a customer service shout out.
    I broke a section on my TFO 6wt (minding my own business and a tree branch grabbed it and broke it)

I was going through the Dallas area on Monday and stopped in at their place on Sovereign Row. within 15 minutes they had located a new section, checked out the rod, and had me on the road. $25
    Great customer service and warranty,

Comment

Originally posted by klooney View Post
      I also want it known, Iā€™m 7ā€™6ā€ 400 lbs... this bass must have weighed 6#

Did you get your poles fixed?

Comment

New Mexico is blown out. Tough fishing near Taos right now

Comment

Originally posted by thegrouse View Post
          New Mexico is blown out. Tough fishing near Taos right now
          What rivers?

Comment

Originally posted by hopedale View Post
            Did you get your poles fixed?
            I did, the hardy warranty process was a bit longer, it they did take good care of me

Comment

Heading to New Braunfels in the morning for a little fly fishing and relaxation. Will give a report when I get back.

Comment

Originally posted by Burnadell View Post
                What rivers?
                All of them according to the guides

Comment

All of them according to the guides

From a former guide, Iā€™d take that lightly. Cimarron and costillo are both spring driven which yield excellent results when blown out. We had no problem catching fish on small streamer/stone patterns when the water got a bit chocolate

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by TexanDuke View Post
                    From a former guide, Iā€™d take that lightly. Cimarron and costillo are both spring driven which yield excellent results when blown out. We had no problem catching fish on small streamer/stone patterns when the water got a bit chocolate

The Cimarron was chocolate milk past maverick today. We went with Taos anglers yesterday. It was a newer guide without any burnadell stories. We did ok but today was slow

Comment

The Cimarron was chocolate milk past maverick today. We went with Taos anglers yesterday. It was a newer guide without any burnadell stories. We did ok but today was slow

Hate that it was slow, how did you like the location? Did you feel like most of it was condition driven?

Comment

Conditions were tough. Plenty of good water around

Comment

Originally posted by rberg View Post
                          just a customer service shout out.
                          I broke a section on my TFO 6wt (minding my own business and a tree branch grabbed it and broke it)

I was going through the Dallas area on Monday and stopped in at their place on Sovereign Row. within 15 minutes they had located a new section, checked out the rod, and had me on the road. $25
                          Great customer service and warranty,
                          I had a similar experience. Took it to their shop in Dallas and they fixed me right up. And I got a free hat!

Comment

Taos Anglers or Taos Fly Shop?

Comment

Taos Fly Shop

Comment

Did a half day trip yesterday morning with Chris Jackson from Action Anglers. Hit it just right in between the rain showers. River was flowing good after the rains about 350 cfs. We got 12 rainbows to the net with a couple good ones. Missed/lost more than that. Used triple drops under indicators. Had a great time and talked Texas and Colorado bugs all day with Chris as he is very knowledgeable. He helped explain the river and water for the float trip and gave me some tips as I am self taught. After I started doing what he advised my hookup ratio probably tripled. Great day on the river with one of my best friends and made a new one too. Probably will head back soon for a DIY trip.

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X