Hawaii - Days 1 & 2 - Waikiki and Dole Plantation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hawaii - Days 1 & 2 - Waikiki and Dole Plantation

If you want to see more of the pics, please take a look at my flickr. I am going to post a few favorites from each day here but if you want to see more, go here.

I took an absolute ton of pics, so I am trying to limit to top 5 or so per day. I'll be posting on 2 day increments over the next week or so with MANY of the best ones coming in the last few days. Oahu is great, but the Big Island is my paradise. You'll see why later...

Day 1 - Oahu - We just didnt feel like doing much besides hanging out at the beach. The sunset was a bit bland for lighting due to clouds but managed to snap a few...

The first to images are on Waikiki beach with diamond head in the background.

These are my friends we went with watching the sun go down. Used the ol' circular polarizer for this one.

Day 2: Oahu - We went to the Dole Plantation, North Shore and Goat Island. The morning was great but it basically rained the rest of the day. As a result, I didnt get much besides stuff from Dole. My flickr has a few more.

The start of a pineapple i think. It was wicked hard to get the exposure right for this one. Took about 15 photos and finally went back to the raws to keep all the detail.

Neat colored pineapple...

I nearly had to climb into the pond to get this one. At one point I had the camera about 1cm from the water to get a zoomed shot of the lotus flower only (i think its a lotus)

I thought this tree had some really cool bark. It reminded me of the old school military style camo.

On the way down the east coast of Oahu, I spotted this as we drove by at 45mph and had just enough time to roll the window down and throw a few shots at it "drive by" style. We wanted to hit a beach for sunset so no time to loop back. I was happy with how it turned out.

*** I see i missed my crop a bit on this one. Ill fix later, too sleepy tonight

Hope you enjoy! There will be plenty more, I promise
    Last edited by Kevin; 05-26-2009, 11:28 PM.

Great pics

Comment

well done!

keep 'em rolling!

Comment

Very nice, brings back memories. My unit was station right behind the Dole Plantation. Walk and ran many of miles in the pineapple fields.

Did you get to go to the Pol. Culture Center. One of my favorite island was Kiua(SP)

Comment

Great pictures and great scenery

Comment

Very cool

Comment

Cool shots!

note to self: get to Hawai'i soon!

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin View Post
                If you want to see more of the pics, please take a look at my flickr. I am going to post a few favorites from each day here but if you want to see more, go here.

I took an absolute ton of pics, so I am trying to limit to top 5 or so per day. I'll be posting on 2 day increments over the next week or so with MANY of the best ones coming in the last few days. Oahu is great, but the Big Island is my paradise. You'll see why later...

Day 1 - Oahu - We just didnt feel like doing much besides hanging out at the beach. The sunset was a bit bland for lighting due to clouds but managed to snap a few...

The first to images are on Waikiki beach with diamond head in the background.

These are my friends we went with watching the sun go down. Used the ol' circular polarizer for this one.

Day 2: Oahu - We went to the Dole Plantation, North Shore and Goat Island. The morning was great but it basically rained the rest of the day. As a result, I didnt get much besides stuff from Dole. My flickr has a few more.

The start of a pineapple i think. It was wicked hard to get the exposure right for this one. Took about 15 photos and finally went back to the raws to keep all the detail.

Neat colored pineapple...

I nearly had to climb into the pond to get this one. At one point I had the camera about 1cm from the water to get a zoomed shot of the lotus flower only (i think its a lotus)

I thought this tree had some really cool bark. It reminded me of the old school military style camo.

On the way down the east coast of Oahu, I spotted this as we drove by at 45mph and had just enough time to roll the window down and throw a few shots at it "drive by" style. We wanted to hit a beach for sunset so no time to loop back. I was happy with how it turned out.

*** I see i missed my crop a bit on this one. Ill fix later, too sleepy tonight

Hope you enjoy! There will be plenty more, I promise
                That last pic is near where I used to live. Right off the Like-Like HWY, right?

Comment

cool

Comment

jdafonte2000,

We didnt make it to the Poly Cultural Center. The Day we went over there it was closed! Go figure!

Blood Trail,
                    Yup I think that is where it was. We were on the east side of the island heading back to Honolulu.

Comment

Working...
                    X