Monitor calibration

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Monitor calibration

I just saw this elsewhere, and I am very happy with the results.

I've known that I needed to calibrate my monitor, but I haven't wanted to buy a SpyderPro or the like. This site explains the process and gives you some software that will do it without the calibration hardware.

http://epaperpress.com/monitorcal/

I downloaded the QuickGamma program, and after just a little reading of the Help file I got very good results. After I set the color temperature of my monitor to 6500K, instead of the 9300K it had been set on, I made a few adjustments in the QuickGamma program. I tried the seperate color settings, and that gave me the best results by working with one color at a time.

Wow! Pictures look MUCH better on my monitor now. I hope this will help me in post processing as well. I'm sure it will.

I plan to try the Adobe Gamma method on my laptop that has Photoshop.

I thought I'd pass this on to you guys. Most of you have probably already done this, but if anyone else hasn't, maybe it'll help.

Good tip, thanks for posting. I will have to give this a try on my laptop.

Comment

I've been a heartbeat away from buying the Spyder for some time now. Might have to try this first.

Comment

I'm sure it's not as accurate as the Spyder, but it's an improvement over no calibration at all.

I couldn't find the Adobe Gamma in my PS, so I just used the QuickGamma on my laptop. The LCD is VERY sensitive to changes in viewing angle, so it is much harder to try to adjust than the old CRT on my desktop. Still, things look better than they did.

Comment

Interesting. I got Spyder3 and am trying it tonight.

Comment

Working...
          X