New place

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mako191 View Post
    I too would be interested in renting your place when you have it up and running. It would be a great place to teach my wife different techniques. She doesn't have a lot of patience when fish aren't biting.
    Good deal. Possibly open this fall. It will be that kind of place...for people who like to "catch" and not just "fish".

Comment

There must have been another great largemouth spawn in the spring. We are trying to hammer these little 3-5 inch bass and take em out. My son caught 50 in 2 hours on crappie tubes in one spot. He said there were hundreds schooled up slurping on bluegill fry on the surface.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Comment

I guess I planted this dove plot too thick lol.

Comment

What an awesome place. I will be keeping an eye out for the rental package.

Comment

Looks like you are doing something right with the fish!! LOL! You grow fish like you did food plots! A Master!! Congrats Steve!

Comment

Originally posted by unclefish View Post
              There must have been another great largemouth spawn in the spring. We are trying to hammer these little 3-5 inch bass and take em out. My son caught 50 in 2 hours on crappie tubes in one spot. He said there were hundreds schooled up slurping on bluegill fry on the surface.

Have you considered shocking them for removal?

Comment

Originally posted by El General View Post
                Have you considered shocking them for removal?
                Yes....the quote was astromical. The shocking isn't too expensive ($2,500). The collection and removal part is.....another $3K +.

And you'd never get them all even if you shocked it. I have many places that a boat can't get to.

Comment

Originally posted by DUKFVR View Post
                  Looks like you are doing something right with the fish!! LOL! You grow fish like you did food plots! A Master!! Congrats Steve!
                  Lol thanks David.

Comment

dang just caught up on this whole thread. great looking place for sure a fisherman's paradise!

Comment

Originally posted by unclefish View Post
                      Yes....the quote was astromical. The shocking isn't too expensive ($2,500). The collection and removal part is.....another $3K +.

And you'd never get them all even if you shocked it. I have many places that a boat can't get to.

My cousin built his own shock boat out of a little aluminum jon boat. Couldn't get them all for sure, but it might be a way to get a bunch at one time.

Comment

Originally posted by El General View Post
                        My cousin built his own shock boat out of a little aluminum jon boat. Couldn't get them all for sure, but it might be a way to get a bunch at one time.
                        Very cool stuff. Would love to see a pic of his rig and what he used.

I looked into building my own and even buying a unit to use but at this point its not worth it to me yet. Plus those dang things can kill you.

I may very well invest in one in the future but for now I'm gonna invest in a separate brood pond for the smallies.

Comment

awesome thread, can't believe I just found it. That's the dream place I've been looking for, looking forward to following along

Comment

Went out today to mow and check on dove plots.

I had no idea the Johnson Grass was this bad on this place. When I disced about month ago it released the mother lode. Gonna be a battle for a long time. Hoping if I plant elbon rye this fall it will help suppress the JG next spring.

Suprisingly we have decent moisture in the ground even with the 100 temps the last week.

Did alot of mowing. Dang JG is 5 feet tall.

Comment

The house looks the same. Builder has had major delays and we are not happy. Crew is supposed to come tomorrow and put up exterior metal and then hopefully it will go quickly.

The lake is about a 15 inches low. Not bad for mid July.

The browntop millet looks good although it's kind of thick. JG has invaded it but there are lots of BTM seed heads starting to pop.

Last edited by unclefish; 07-17-2020, 08:03 PM.

Comment

The WGF sorghum is more like *** at this point. It needs Nitrogen but I'm gonna see how it goes without it.

Got a feeder going again with a camera. Hoping to see this dude again.

That's it for now. Will update pics when we have exterior metal. Thanks.

Comment

Working...
                                X