Got the deer lease gut punch today....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SabreKiller View Post
    Yup, he kicked me off. Said it's not working out since I can't drive out there with him and split the costs. Since our schedules don't' match up when he wants to go out during the middle of the week, he has to find someone to go with him. He's sick and shouldn't go alone.

His last text was "I need someone who can go out with me when I can." That says it all.

I’m not gonna bash the guy like others are. It sucks for you. Hopefully you can find another place and he can find someone to hunt with him.

Comment

wow. just wow.

Hoping you find something else...this feels like one of those situations you look back on in a few years and are thankful that it happened. Sucks now but hopefully will lead to something better.

Comment

Originally posted by Backwoods101 View Post
        Pretty much sums it up

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        Can't argue with that. You'll find something better Sabre.

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
          Translated....I'm a selfish cheapass DB...and I'm going to blame all this **** on you so that I look better....Plus I'm going to make up some bull**** that everybody agrees with me so it seems you are the problem. This is only fair to me and I'm all that matters.... I'm a ****head for a friend.
          Actually agree with you on this

Comment

Originally posted by TazerFace View Post
            Man that sucks and all, and I'm just sayin, but there is always waaay more to the story.

(Keep in mind this guy was just a "lease member") We had to remove a guy that was the "love of the county" and holds a very high position in the area. He was a good guy, until you did something he didn't like or agree with, then he would pout a like a kid. He would try and put guys against each other, without them knowing. We finally caught onto him and called him out in a lease meeting and it didn't go well. Point of the story, he did a lot on the lease, not discounting that, but he also thought he did no wrong and didn't see the problem with his ways, but 5 other guys did. It was a pure conflict of personality's and the place is better without him.

That being said, good luck finding a place for this coming season.

Nope. If you'll read his latest text to me you'll see the entire picture. My being on the lease was convenience for him. When it was no longer convenient, out the door with me.

Comment

Originally posted by JonBoy View Post
              wow. just wow.

Hoping you find something else...this feels like one of those situations you look back on in a few years and are thankful that it happened. Sucks now but hopefully will lead to something better.
              I'm really hoping so. The best lease I ever had was mule deer in Van Horn for 30 years and then I got priced out of it. Then this lease came along.

Comment

Just playing Devil's Advocate here...

You agreed to get on the lease and go with him during the week and split expenses...
                Shortly thereafter you can no longer do that...
                Then he gets sick and has chemo on Thursdays that prevents him from hunting weekends
                He can't be out there alone as sick as he is...
                What exactly should he do? Keep you and never hunt again or boot you for not keeping your end of the deal?

Not saying he's right or wrong but I'm glad I'm not in his shoes....

Comment

well that sucks... clearly don't need friends like that. Time to move on, good luck to you!

Comment

Did you have a full membership or were the two of you splitting a spot?

Comment

Yup, he kicked me off. Said it's not working out since I can't drive out there with him and split the costs. Since our schedules don't' match up when he wants to go out during the middle of the week, he has to find someone to go with him. He's sick and shouldn't go alone.

His last text was "I need someone who can go out with me when I can." That says it all.
                      I think I would have referred to him as an ex-friend.

Comment

Sounds like you are better off without that situation.

Comment

Originally posted by Capt Glenn View Post
                          Did you have a full membership or were the two of you splitting a spot?
                          I had a full membership. Funny thing is he says he's not going to fill the spot. He's going to pay it so he can let guests come with him. Someone who's more convenient.

Comment

I could probably go when he wants to go and I just lost my lease out in Terrell county, however there is no way in hell that I would want a "friend" like that.

Comment

I had a full membership. Funny thing is he says he's not going to fill the spot. He's going to pay it so he can let guests come with him. Someone who's more convenient.
                              It sure sounds like you were more invested in the friendship than he was.

Deer leases have caused hard feelings between friends lots of times.

Like I always say...... If you`re not in.............You`re out !!

Comment

That is a bad deal all the way around.

Comment

Working...
                                X