TBH Crappie palooza moved to Jackson Hill on Sam Rayburn! 2021 May 21-23rd

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TBH Crappie palooza moved to Jackson Hill on Sam Rayburn! 2021 May 21-23rd

Pencil it in or use a crayon if your Radar!

This year we're headed to Lake Murvaul May 21-23rd. Between other obligations, holidays, etc that's the when and where. They have large and small cabins and waterfront home and a lodge. Call Cindy at 903-693-6562 to get a place. They have RV spaces as well. Lakemurvaul.us you can see pics and book online. The small and large cabins you need linens and towels but that's not all bad. I spent 15 years in hotel rooms and I'd just assume bring my own clean sheets than wonder if some nasty joker like Unkle Pat slept in that bed before me and they were too lazy to change the sheets!

I'm sure as we get closer we can line out the food and what not but I'm sure like always burgers one night and fish the next. It's a cool little lake and I will tell you right now crappie will be on brush, timber, and boat docks. There's a good cafe right down the road Fugler's that has great breakfast and burgers but not much else too close by so bring what you need to survive!

The lake is small and unless your chasing green carp there's probably no need to go above the bridge. If you do catch one on accident you won't have too far to troll over to the bank and toss it somebody's yard! I will be in the middle of the lake somewhere most likely so you potlickers won't have any trouble finding me as small as it is. Chew might even catch a fish this year!

I heard China Joe is outlawing sharing Key Lime Pies when he gets in office so ya'll are probably screwed there again but maybe we can get some fish dip!

If I've left anybody out or failed to offend anyone give me time! According to the ocean perch clan we're gonna talk about this for six months anyhow before we go so we will get around to you at some point!

Happy 2021!!!!

Love Slew

You are correct. Its January and you talking end of may. 6 months...

Ocean perch regards

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

We are in! Our cabin is booked! Folks this is a great trip every year and we have blast! Fishing, telling stories, and drinking cold beer besides that you will get to meet Radar and Snowflake! What more could anyone ask for lol!

Comment

Just got my cabin , hopefully someone will teach me how to catch a crappie

Comment

Is it fishable without a boat?

Comment

Thank goodness you didn't mention anything about drunk pontoon captains!!

Booked lucky #7 overlooking the lake. Short walk to the boat and Radar's cabin where all the action happens!! He said he's bringing a blow up doll this year since he and Pat didn't bunk together last year.

Comment

no clue if we can make it but I booked a spot close to the Lodge

Comment

Man, when I was a kid, we used to go to Murvaul bream fishin'! One bucket of "Katobbie worms, and you could catch a hunert' a hour!! (catalpa caterpillars for those not from East Texas)... Great little lake. Crappie there are wise to them plastic baits... heard tell they'd only bite a minner on a gold wide gap hook under a porkeypine cork!

Comment

I may actually be able to attend this year. Got me a new Feel Free Lure tandem rigged with a Humminbird KVD down imaging depth/fish finder. Hope to get a trolling motor on it soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Went to put this on the calendar and realized that’s our family week in Port Isabel

Comment

Originally posted by SKLOSS View Post
                      Thank goodness you didn't mention anything about drunk pontoon captains!!

Booked lucky #7 overlooking the lake. Short walk to the boat and Radar's cabin where all the action happens!! He said he's bringing a blow up doll this year since he and Pat didn't bunk together last year.
                      Now that made me laugh

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Comment

Cabin 1 for me, well because I'm #1

Comment

Originally posted by Snowflake Killa View Post
                          Cabin 1 for me, well because I'm #1

I told Cindy to put you on the very end closest to the office so they could keep and eye on you.

[emoji1531]

Comment

Cabin #5! Cindy asked Smokin or non smokin and I said I'm always smokin!

I hope uncle pat and aunt radar can reconcile before the trip....I hate to see them fight.

I won't even need my binocs for follow slew around...does this lake have trophy crappie like I'm used to on RC?

Comment

Hell, lets make it July and make it as hot as possible....

Comment

Working...
                              X