String stetch??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

String stetch??

I recently upgraded to a halon 6, so far its been shot maybe 50 times. Got it tuned at a bow shop, sighted in and everything solid. Shot it again a couple days later and shot about 5 inches high, so I adjusted my sights. Shot it again the next day and shot about 8 inches low. Arrow flight seems to be great and field points group great with broadheads. All of those shots were at 20 yards, but I have shot it out to 50 with good groups after sighting it in.
    Could this just be due to string stretch? It has the factory zebra strings on it. Everything is snug, the sights, whisker biscuit, etc. No peep, I've been using the IQ sight with the built in no-peep
    Thanks

Doesn't sound like it. Sounds like an anchor point issue or something with that sight.

Comment

Originally posted by Traildust View Post
      Doesn't sound like it. Sounds like an anchor point issue or something with that sight.
      Agreed

Comment

Originally posted by Traildust View Post
        Definitely anchor point.

Comment

Sounds like operator error.

Comment

Loose nut behind the grip

Comment

Could be a few things. As said above anchor point, rest sliding.. If its the difference between broadheads and field points it may not be tuned completely.. Lots of variables String stretch will usually cause you to hit low or high but usually pretty consistent and cause porposing when the nock point moves with the stretch. My advice put a peep sight in and use it and see if it helps.. If it does there is your problem..

Comment

Since you are using the IQ sight with built-in peep I think it would be your anchor. On any no-peep system it is paramount that the anchor point be consistent as well as the vertical orientation of the head. ANY deviation on the horizontal or vertical plane by the eye will cause major problems for peepless users. Your form and anchor must be perfect for these to work. Some work better than others at keeping your form right, but what usually happens is the form is off a bit, and instead of moving the body for alignment the shooter moves the bow (unconsciously) for alignment.

My advice is to install a peep sight, the smallest one you can use, and then tune everything through the peep. Once everything is tuned and where it needs to be (including the no-peep) you can remove the peep from the string.

Comment

Thanks for all the replies. I will play around with my anchor this evening to see if maybe I had been inconsistent in any way. I sure didn't think I had but it does make the most sense given the amount of change from one day to the next.

Comment

sorry but not a string problem, that means your going to have to work on you,

Comment

Working...
                    X