No announcement yet.

50th Birthday Where to go....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We went to Alaska for my 50th last year in late september and had a blast. The weather was great. Fairbanks, North Pole, Chena Hot Springs, Denali, Seward, fished in Homer, and others along the way ,Flew out of Anchorage. Best trip ever! I highly recommend!

Comment

Originally posted by mharris1 View Post
      We went to Alaska for my 50th last year in late september and had a blast. The weather was great. Fairbanks, North Pole, Chena Hot Springs, Denali, Seward, fished in Homer, and others along the way ,Flew out of Anchorage. Best trip ever! I highly recommend!
      X2

An awesome trip, do this and you will understand why Alaska is called the "great land".
      Last edited by 3ChordTruth; 05-24-2021, 08:17 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Pstraw View Post
        Some of my friends are getting ready to do a '50 state in 50 days' trip on motorcycles.
        That don't sound like a lot of fun. That should be called the iron but marathon ride. I have ridden a bike about 200 miles, that was far enough for me. One of my brother in laws, rode his bike down from Maryland, to Lubbock, for our Daughter's graduation. He said the first 500 miles, it rained hard. Then his bike had problems twice on the way home, had to stop at two Harley dealers on the way home. Did not sound like a fun ride to me.

Comment

Originally posted by dphillips62 View Post
          Next year will be my 60th. My plan is to fly fish Utah & Wyoming
          That sounds like a blast.

Comment

You could always do it up Bob Lee style (not the bow builder)

Comment

Am interested in going to Alaska..... PM me all the valuable information that you have.

Comment

I went to South Africa for 50 but maybe not practical with a couple people in tow.
                I'd do Yellowstone in Sept- we did that for my wife's 50.

Comment

Hit up Kellie Knightlinger on book of faces top 10 survivalists in the world and from Alaska - we built a knife for her - she was on Naked and Afraid and her partners knife broke immediately and they subbbed one! Found out she's one heck of a gal! She promotes AK tourism and is the Bear Gryllis of Alaska!! BTW she went with Tink and had to buy her own ticket back from Africa! Anyway she takes doves with a bow!!

Comment

Forgot to mention she's an Ex Leo in Alaska too!

Comment

Burnadell went to Gettysburg and Vicksburg for his 50th. He said it was nice when he wasn't getting shot at by yankees.
                      Last edited by Chew; 05-25-2021, 03:12 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Chew View Post
                        Burnadell went to Gettysburg and Vicksburg for his 50th. He said it was nice when he was getting shot at by yankees.
                        LOL... Burnadell will be by here in a minute....

Comment

Originally posted by buck_wild View Post
                          I went to South Africa for 50 but maybe not practical with a couple people in tow.
                          I'd do Yellowstone in Sept- we did that for my wife's 50.
                          X2

“Yellowstone in September”, that sure sounds like the right place at the right time.

Comment

If you’re older than 21 and still celebrating your birthdays, you’re a chick.

Comment

Working...
                            X