Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Testing a New Wade Fishing YouTube Video Setup...Thoughts?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hoytbowhunter View Post
    Great video Michael, Thanks for sharing.
    Originally posted by Smart View Post
    I like it .....well done..
    THanks!
    My Flickr Photos

Comment

One of the Youtube fishing guys has a lightweight support thingie that is basically a selfstick that goes behind him and cam sits like 18"s over his right shoulder I believe. He gets good footage like that also.

I'm a little susceptible to motion sickness and gotta say I couldn't watch the whole video I don't think if it was any choppier the floater would be good.
      Last edited by buck_wild; 05-14-2021, 07:18 AM.

Comment

Great video. That Grand baby looks just like you.

Comment

Great video. Much more enjoyable to watch than the head and chest cams. I like being able to see who is making the videos. Good job boss!

Comment

I thought the video was very well done Michael, clever way to set the camera and I'm amazed that the video wasn't jumping around with the waves.

But I can't stand to have stuff floating and tugging at my wade belt, drives me nuts lol.

Nice trout too!

Comment

I'm amazed at how stable that video is!

Comment

Originally posted by buck_wild View Post
                One of the Youtube fishing guys has a lightweight support thingie that is basically a selfstick that goes behind him and cam sits like 18"s over his right shoulder I believe. He gets good footage like that also.

I'm a little susceptible to motion sickness and gotta say I couldn't watch the whole video I don't think if it was any choppier the floater would be good.
                Thresherfishing uses a Wizmount backpack with boom pole for his GoPro. I like that, but I don't think I would want to wear it while fishing (especially wading.) It would be ideal, though, when combined with a 360 cam.

Click image for larger version

Name:	cu2pack-1.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	72.3 KB
ID:	24650619

I've been toying with some other options other than the floating ring, but that trip was also about as choppy as I'd ever want to wade in, so it was kind of a worst case scenario. I'm working on some ideas for centering the camera and weighting the ring (this one or a solid foam version) that should help with that, as well.
                Last edited by Michael; 05-14-2021, 09:53 AM.
                My Flickr Photos

Comment

Originally posted by Tx_Wader View Post
                  I thought the video was very well done Michael, clever way to set the camera and I'm amazed that the video wasn't jumping around with the waves.

But I can't stand to have stuff floating and tugging at my wade belt, drives me nuts lol.

Nice trout too!
                  Thanks! I've waded with a donet forever and am used to it...especially when I'm keeping fish. To me it isn't anymore drag than a stringer of fish. It is probably actually less, considering the fish aren't swimming against it as much.
                  My Flickr Photos

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post
                    Thresherfishing uses a Wizmount backpack with boom pole for his GoPro. I like that, but I don't think I would want to wear it while fishing (especially wading.) It would be ideal, though, when combined with a 360 cam.

[ATTACH]1049484[/ATTACH]
                    Yes that's it but I didn't want to use Tresherfishing by name as I have been censored for using other website names before

Comment

Originally posted by buck_wild View Post
                      Yes that's it but I didn't want to use Tresherfishing by name as I have been censored for using other website names before

Must have been Devin!
                      My Flickr Photos

Comment

Enjoyed the video Michael. I watch YouTube on my TV so didn’t leave a comment.

Comment

Enjoyed it. Thanks for posting.

Comment

Here is another setup that I tested. The selfie stick was actually tucked behind the orange phone holder, then between my wading belt and my back, and then actually tucked in the back of my pants. The camera was a couple of feet above and beside my left shoulder.

I didn't catch anything in the brief time I was toying with this setup, but I edited a quick clip to show some different perspectives with this setup. Thoughts?

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QGeV7RUBLyM"]insta360 one x2 fishing with selfie stick on back sample footage - YouTube[/ame]
                            My Flickr Photos

Comment

I like the stability of the selfie stick video. Really impressed with the audio it pics up as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Archery1st View Post
                                I like the stability of the selfie stick video. Really impressed with the audio it pics up as well.
                                The audio is decent when there's no wind...but most of the audio in this video is from either the GoPro Action on my chest or the Instamic that I synced to the Insta in post.
                                My Flickr Photos

Comment

Working...
                                X