Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If you are thinking about an Alaska vacation this Summer, just a heads up!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you are thinking about an Alaska vacation this Summer, just a heads up!!

If you are thinking about coming up, the first thing to do before booking any flights or fishing trips is to see if you can find a rental car. It is bad! There is a shortage of cars due to micro chip shortages from covid. People are "airb&b'ing" their cars for $175/day out of ANC. It is kinda scary because it is going to hurt the whole tourism industry up here. Just letting y'all know. B

I’m going to Alaska in August, good thing my outfitter already has a car reserved for us. I’m curious how they will handle the virus protocols in August...

Comment

Originally posted by blackfoot1 View Post
      If you are thinking about coming up, the first thing to do before booking any flights or fishing trips is to see if you can find a rental car. It is bad! There is a shortage of cars due to micro chip shortages from covid. People are "airb&b'ing" their cars for $175/day out of ANC. It is kinda scary because it is going to hurt the whole tourism industry up here. Just letting y'all know. B
      Rented a car there last week with no problem, was surprised that a new Toyota Sienna only cost us $230 for an entire week.

Originally posted by texasdeerhunter View Post
      I’m going to Alaska in August, good thing my outfitter already has a car reserved for us. I’m curious how they will handle the virus protocols in August...
      Right now they are just "encouraging" travelers to fill out a travel declaration and get tested at the airport. Of my entire flight, I only saw one couple get in line for the test.

Comment

We made our reservations a month ago. Sure glad we did. I’m hearing people are having to cancel there trip because they can’t get a car.

Comment

O man... OOOppps... Thanks for heads up

Comment

What do micro chips have to o with it?

News here said many rental companies sold their inventory to reduce financial burdens and simple can’t get caught back up

Comment

Yep.

We are getting married up there in June.

Our rental vehicle for one week is close to $2k

25-30 guests, and everyone has had some degree of difficulty getting a car.

Comment

Originally posted by Atfulldraw View Post
                Yep.

We are getting married up there in June.

Our rental vehicle for one week is close to $2k

25-30 guests, and everyone has had some degree of difficulty getting a car.
                That's wild, If I lived up there I would rent my own car out for 8k a month and sit home.

Comment

Originally posted by flywise View Post

News here said many rental companies sold their inventory to reduce financial burdens and simple can’t get caught back up
                  X2, what does microchips have to do with it?

Comment

Originally posted by lovemylegacy View Post
                    X2, what does microchips have to do with it?
                    New vehicle plants can only produce vehicles they have parts for....micro chips included. With no micro chip, no new cars. The rental companies sold a big part of there fleet and now can’t buy new cars fast enough to replenish. I am getting a new company truck this year. It’s been on order since March and still don’t have a build date. Ford is saying hopefully August.....due to micro chips.

Comment

Crazy times man!!

Comment

Originally posted by Bassdeer View Post
                        That's wild, If I lived up there I would rent my own car out for 8k a month and sit home.
                        What’s wild? Rod getting married or the rental car price.

Comment

We’re headed that way June 20th. Looking forward to it.

Comment

Originally posted by M16 View Post
                            What’s wild? Rod getting married or the rental car price.
                            Somebody had to say it

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by flywise View Post

This. And this problem will be all rental car locations,
                              And just because you have reservation doesn’t mean you will get a car. This summer is going to be a cluster for rental companies and the customers using them.

Comment

Working...
                              X