Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cabelas boots, lifetime warranty farce.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gumbl3 View Post
    Sounds to me like the boots did not hold up to his expectations regardless of age. Would it change anyones opinion if they were 6 months old vs 4 years old and had the same liner separation?
    Yes

Comment

Originally posted by SKLOSS View Post
      Wow... takes some nerve to try to return some boots you’ve had for a few years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      I have to agree, the entire thread it’s kind of humorous!

Comment

Happy New Year!

Comment

Cabelas sucks these days since the big change
          I have always bought from them till now
          I tried return pair new unworn boots that were 3 mos old
          I was told that the product was discontinued and when they discontinue a product then the warranty is no longer good for that product.
          Go figure so now they will just discontinue all products every 6 months
          Sad part is they only change the item number then all is void.
          “Down with Cabelas”!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Who cares about the boots how did you do on the goose hunt

Comment

No retailer in the world will take back year old shoes for a liner coming out. Good luck with your boycott and rant.

Incorrect. L.L. Bean will actually refund you on 20 year old boots if they didn’t live up to your expectations. It’s pretty crazy. Heard this great story on the radio while driving around exploring Colorado a few years ago: https://www.npr.org/sections/money/2...ever-they-want

Comment

My dad refuses to go back to Cabelas after they pretty much accused him of being dishonest. We reload and he went in to pick up some reloading supplies. While he was there he saw another it he needed marked on sale. When it rang up it wasn't on sale. They guy walked him back and he showed them the location. The item was the same but brand different. The entire rack was loaded with the wrong product. Dad said OK and was gonna get it anyway.. On the way back to the register the guy badmouthed him about trying to pull a fast one, yada, yada yada..My dad is a 71 year old retired career fire capt. with 33 years on the job. Not a dishonest bone in his body. By the time they got tot he front he was fuming.. Walked out and left couple hundred bucks of stuff in the basket.

Comment

Originally posted by CWP View Post
                  Incorrect. L.L. Bean will actually refund you on 20 year old boots if they didn’t live up to your expectations. It’s pretty crazy. Heard this great story on the radio while driving around exploring Colorado a few years ago: https://www.npr.org/sections/money/2...ever-they-want

Well that’s where the OP should shop. Kinda funny that article speaks of REI revamping their return policy due to the increase of returns hurting profits....

Comment

Well that’s where the OP should shop. Kinda funny that article speaks of REI revamping their return policy due to the increase of returns hurting profits....

Yes. The Planet Money story talks about all the abuse of the policy. Basically if you can find a pair of used boots at Salvation Army, and have no scruples, you can just walk in to LL Bean and return them for a new pair. They keep threatening to change the policy, but haven’t yet (I don’t think).

Comment

There lifetime warranty is like get something repaired that says “guaranteed for the life of the fix” as soon as it’s broken it’s worthless.

Comment

No retailer in the world will take back year old shoes for a liner coming out. Good luck with your boycott and rant.

And would assume no retailer would offer a lifetime warranty, oh wait, got it on my rebuilt transmission, but based on their thought process if the transmission goes out its met its lifetime...

Comment

Looks like the jokes on you!!! [emoji23]

Comment

I love Cabelas!....actual wish they weren't on my way home! Spend way too much money there.

OP......sorry about your luck. Call customer service and see if they will help.

Comment

Wow... takes some nerve to try to return some boots you’ve had for a few years.

The OP has a valid rant. Cabelas is the one flaunting the lifetime warranty. He has a valid reason to bring question with this. And you have to go bust his chops over it. Go find your fajita if you can't provide positive insight into this

Comment

Originally posted by .243 WSSM View Post
                                The OP has a valid rant. Cabelas is the one flaunting the lifetime warranty. He has a valid reason to bring question with this. And you have to go bust his chops over it. Go find your fajita if you can't provide positive insight into this

I’m positive you too are foolish to believe he has a valid rant for a liner in a multi-year old boot.

Oh look a fajita.....

Comment

Working...
                                X