I was one too

I still own my bull barrel 10/22

In .22 LR

Compare the two

Make up your own mind

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by JustinJ View Post
      Hornady doesn't make a 14gr 17hmr round. And they dang sure don't make one that goes 3000fps
      They don't???? but I read here on the internets............

Comment

The internet is not an accurate replacement for a trip to the range

Comment

Originally posted by Bowhuntamistad View Post
          Just curious.....who is shooting either of those rifles past 30-40 yards??? Past 75 seems like a long stretch on a rabbit or squirrel
          I have a Marlin 17xt bull barrel with one of the original Simmons 44 mag 3-10x44 scopes. I have a feeder behind my house at 148 yds for deer and pigs. My 17 will turn a squirrel inside out at that distance. It is stupid accurate at that distance shot off a bench with bags from my back porch. Headshots are the norm not the exception.. But again who shoots that far??
          Last edited by bowmedic; 05-01-2017, 10:45 PM.

Comment

I have a couple 22's that I would be willing to bet are more accurate at 50yds than your 17 is even at this shorter distance which should actually give you an advantage....we can do either say 5 / 5 shot group string or even a 10 / 10 shot group string for an average of the smallest 25 or 100 shots. Your call.

If your 17 is so accurate at 100, it will in theory be 2x better / smaller groups at 50, correct?? Wanna play??

I'm your huckleberry...

Comment

Had that same marlin 17hmr, that thing was crazy accurate. No way could a 22lr compare to the 17hmr passed 50 yards. Good performance out to 200 yards with the 17. Got brave one day to see what she do at 400 let's say it's a little to far for the .17. Overall imo hands down on the .17 compared to the .22lr.

Comment

I wouldn't have said the accuracy is sub par...you just don't like the bullet drop...it does suck but so does shooting actual long range with a rifle.

Learn your 22 and the 50-150 yard drop. Heck get a scope and learn to dial it it's alot of fun.

The 17is slick and I've had a few of the different 17 calibers. Just don't write off the 22. I think the 22 makes you a better shooter personally if you learn it. You can dang sure shoot alot more on the same amount of money when buying ammo. Also once you actually buy a few different quality ammos you'd be surprised how accurate a good 22 can be. The 17 is a small game destroyer though.
                Last edited by SCREAMINREELS; 05-01-2017, 11:39 PM.

Comment

.22 LR Vs. .17 HMR

Originally posted by Bowhuntamistad View Post
                  Just curious.....who is shooting either of those rifles past 30-40 yards??? Past 75 seems like a long stretch on a rabbit or squirrel

I've killed several pigs with my .17 between 50-100 yards. Longest shot is on a crow at 153 yards (truck in background). Even more accurate with the Sweet .17 scope.
                  Last edited by Patton; 05-02-2017, 06:16 AM.

Comment

Working...
                  X