Stray Bullets Flying Everywhere

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by texansfan View Post
    I'm guessing these folks bullets have bullet DNA so they are traceable only to one individual shooter.

No way to prove any of them shot anything.

I say move.
    Pretty sure its easy to determine trajectory and line of fire..Call the state police and get them involved. It would be a cold day in hell before I left because somebody ran me off my property

Comment

I'm guessing these folks bullets have bullet DNA so they are traceable only to one individual shooter.

No way to prove any of them shot anything.

I say move.
      Pretty sure its easy to determine trajectory and line of fire..Call the state police and get them involved. It would be a cold day in hell before I left because somebody run me off my property.

Comment

Originally posted by HdFilmmaker View Post
        Cause they've become p's.... I'm sure this one will be flagged!
        It's not worth my life, my daughters life, or my wife's life. No "p" to it.

For people saying they should start a war with them, are seriously ill. You have to weigh out what's important in life... killing people isn't high on my list of things to do. In the OPs scenario it is completely avoidable...

Comment

Originally posted by bowhunting1 View Post
          Too many areas to cover. The boundary line next to this neighborhood runs almost 2 miles.
          Painting a stripe on 32-34 trees doesn't seem like too much work. Myself, I'd find some time to have it done by end of the day.

Rotten situation you are in. My sympathies and good luck.
          Last edited by tigerscowboy; 01-02-2017, 11:11 AM.

Comment

Send a few into their AC units and walls , only fair way I can see.

Comment

Shoot a bunch of hogs,skunks,armadillos whatever and start a gut pile right next to your fence that back up to their houses. With the right wind and buzzard chit everywhere that gets bad.

Comment

I have a little experience with a similar but less frequent situation. My case was less frequent but the guys were armed (hunting) so cannot say this all applies to your case.

You can insist on trespassing charges being filed if they're on your property- period. Without clearly marked boundaries conviction is more problematic. But that's not the point. That charge will force them into court or get a failure to appear warrant hanging over them.

You can also opt to get a criminal trespass warning filed on them. LEO photographs them on the spot and it is supposed to be filed with the state next to their driving license record. They are made to sign the warning as a condition of no other charges being filed for this single offense. You catch them again, even if only on a trailcam or security camera, and warrant is immediately issued and if stopped for any offense they are immediately hauled to jail.

In my case I caught 3 red handed and called the law. They claimed not to speak English. When Deputy arrived one of them suddenly remembered his English when informed they would have to go to the jail to get an interpreter.

These dudes had also been shooting automatic weapons at low targets without berms which caused bullets flying across my fence line boundary. Deputy told them it's absolutely illegal to discharge any firearm in any fashion that would cause the bullet/ shell to cross the property boundary.

So far it's worked for me, plus a fence. I know it's somewhat different, but wish you luck.
                Last edited by Pineywoods Paul; 01-02-2017, 11:34 AM.

Comment

Post signs and and the purple paint to the specs it is to be painted at. Bullets flying over your fence is also trespassing by projectile. I have also seen old tires hung up with no trespassing on them. If they are in your property I would call GW and report it as poachers. Anything else I would call the sheriff. If still nothing then go up the chain of command. Like the deputy said it wasn't posted so nothing he could do. Until you get paint up and more signs. Which I would take pictures of after I put up. Like others said I would maybe offer a few deputy's a day hunt here and there. It will amaze you how when you become friends with them then you get things done. Maybe the first one that does something would be a good one to take hunting

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Not sure what county this is, but the appraisal district should be able to tell you who the land owners are on the neighboring tracts. At least then you will have some names.

Comment

Originally posted by 12RingKing View Post
                      Uhhhhh not really
                      For personal consumption it is.
                      But it is nothing to Pablo Escobar.

How much weed fits in a pipe to smoke?
                      Maybe a pinch (I'm guesstimating as if it were Bugel tobacco)

How many pinches in an ounce?
                      28.5 grams in an ounce from my middle school days.
                      Hope it hasnt changed.
                      How many pinches in a gram?

Comment

You and a friend can smoke a ounce in a day

Comment

Originally posted by bowmedic View Post
                          Pretty sure its easy to determine trajectory and line of fire..Call the state police and get them involved. It would be a cold day in hell before I left because somebody ran me off my property

This is real life, not an episode of CSI: Law & Order

Comment

Originally posted by SamCollins View Post
                            You and a friend can smoke a ounce in a day

An ounce of Bugel, sure
                            But not an ounce of Colorado/California medicinal
                            Not that I know personally but Ive asked those that partake what are the differences.
                            It's like drinking O'Douls vs cask strength whiskey

Comment

For personal consumption it is.
                              But it is nothing to Pablo Escobar.

How much weed fits in a pipe to smoke?
                              Maybe a pinch (I'm guesstimating as if it were Bugel tobacco)

How many pinches in an ounce?
                              28.5 grams in an ounce from my middle school days.
                              Hope it hasnt changed.
                              How many pinches in a gram?
                              Ummm... real question is how frequently do people who smoke pot, actually smoke pot. Daily users will have that much, if not more. It's pretty insignificant. Very minor.

In my eyes, the threshold should be even higher. Like pounds....

Comment

But they don't have Colorado/cali weed they most likely have just some Reggie.

Comment

Working...
                                X