9mm / 45 ammo shortage AGAIN

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

9mm / 45 ammo shortage AGAIN

Got a chance to go to Athena here in Houston. Wanted to shoot my new .22 ruger mark IV. Asked the range about buying some 9 or 45 and got laughed at. Apparently all the riots have scared people into buying every gun made and every piece of ammo available.

On one hand I am super glad because hopefully the ammo and gun folks are making money. On the other hand I find it concerning that our ammo supply can get whipped out like this. Yea you can get a box here and a box there. But I like to buy 500 at a time.

Last time it took a long time for manufacturing to catch up to demand. I would think they should be able to increase supply as demand increases.

Guess it's a good thing I have enough 45

Comment

Retailers shelves, maybe. Supply, I don’t think so.

Try buying here:

Comment

Ammo and gun sales are up 300-400%. We can’t keep anything on the shelves and restocking is becoming a nightmare. Buds actually put out an article on how hard it is to get products. Usually at one distributor you can have 1300 skus to choose from on pistols. The other day I looked and in stock skus were only 200.

Comment

Have you been under a rock? It’s been this way for at least 2 months.

Academy gets it. They just sell it fast

Comment

Also go click on the links. It shows in stock but they are all sold out. There is a legit shortage. It’s not just on those calibers. It’s all the popular calibers we go to the range with.
            Originally posted by HoustonHunter View Post
            Retailers shelves, maybe. Supply, I don’t think so.

Try buying here:

http://gunbot.net/ammo/pistol/9mm/

Comment

I get calls everyday and people can’t believe it. I ask if they ever cut on the news. It’s like they are baffled when I tell them how short supply everything is. Hell I’ve shut my shop down to just one day a week. It takes me a week to get stuff and sell it out on friday. Lol
              Originally posted by trophy8 View Post
              Have you been under a rock? It’s been this way for at least 2 months.

Academy gets it. They just sell it fast
              Last edited by onetondodge; 07-04-2020, 06:08 AM.

Comment

Buy 1000 round cases online not small boxes at the store. There is some available right now

Comment

Can you spell Dillon?

Comment

I always find it funny that during a panic all the fmj is gone but I can find duty or defense ammo.

Comment

Originally posted by bphillips View Post
                      I always find it funny that during a panic all the fmj is gone but I can find duty or defense ammo.

LOL you and i both.

Comment

I’ve got some 9 mm ammo for sale.

Comment

Every time somebody expands a mask order, the stores run out of ammo, toilet paper and paper towels.

Comment

Originally posted by 4wheels View Post
                            Got a chance to go to Athena here in Houston. Wanted to shoot my new .22 ruger mark IV. Asked the range about buying some 9 or 45 and got laughed at. Apparently all the riots have scared people into buying every gun made and every piece of ammo available.

On one hand I am super glad because hopefully the ammo and gun folks are making money. On the other hand I find it concerning that our ammo supply can get whipped out like this. Yea you can get a box here and a box there. But I like to buy 500 at a time.

Last time it took a long time for manufacturing to catch up to demand. I would think they should be able to increase supply as demand increases.
                            My hope is that more people are finally understanding the 2nd amendment, whether they are afraid of a virus, looters, police, or Trump. Hopefully they won’t return to their old ways as soon as things are “normal” again.

I’m not sure what it costs to set up an ammo production line for a specific caliber, but I’m willing to bet it’s more than just a set of dies. Even if the demand is there now, it may not be cost effective to convert their .38 Super or .35 Whelen lines to 9mm jut to have things slow down again in 2 months.

I don’t fall into the panic buyer group, I have what I “need” on hand at all times, after witnessing past events. It is frustrating having to buy up what you plan to shoot in the next 6 months to year though. My concern is that this stuff won’t slow down until the election comes, which will just drive it even further, especially if Trump happens to lose.

Comment

The manufactures are shut down from what I’ve been told... Corona, election year, etc. is the perfect storm.
                              Last edited by Soclose; 07-04-2020, 08:33 PM. Reason: Spelling

Comment

Working...
                              X