Kingfish recipes?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kingfish recipes?

I do quite a bit of offshore fishing and more often than not we throw kingfish back while in search off better table fare....while its edible I've always thought it had an extremely fish taste probably contributed to the fact it's such an oily fish....we caught a few smaller ones on the last trip out and I decided to give it another shot while its fresh and hasnt been frozen....any good recipies from u guys?...I'm not looking to fry it, I know how to do that....I know some folks smoke it buy havent tried that yet...

The only way I like it is balled out and soaked in mustard and seasoning and then fried. I have had it smoked and grilled fillets and don’t care for it at all.

Good luck finding a way you like it.

Comment

The last few Kings we caught I marinated in Italian dressing for 24 hours and then fried it and grilled some and no fishy taste whatsoever.

Comment

They grill well. Also make good smoked fish dip.

Comment

Cut into chunks and cook like dove. Bacon and jalapeno and mesquite grilled.

Smoked kingfish salad is excellent.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by justindfw View Post
            They grill well. Also make good smoked fish dip.
            Smoked kingfish dip is great stuff!

Comment

A deckhand told me this one.

Cook a package of bacon 1/4 of the way in a skillet. Wrap the chunks of kingfish in the bacon and cook it in the grease.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Comment

Smoked and in dip or salad is good. I've also just boiled the balls in crab boil then dipped them in melted butter with some Tony's. They aren't my favorite fish to eat but they aren't bad. Just make sure and get rid of all that red meat.

Comment

Fried or smoked is great! I don’t ever freeze it though. Fresh only

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Swampa View Post
                    Fried or smoked is great! I don’t ever freeze it though. Fresh only

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                    This............

Comment

With the right sauce you can eat anything. Buddy from Louisiana told me that. As I was half way through a nutria rat.... Always ask before you eat.

Comment

We boil in crawfish seasoning, take the flakes and pieces and mix with everything you make crab cakes patties and deep fry, with rumalade sauce. Its actually really good and good way to make use of kingfish.

Comment

Soak in buttermilk and egg
                          Batter in Crushed Frosted Flakes
                          Fry to perfection

Comment

Originally posted by sneaky freak View Post
                            We boil in crawfish seasoning, take the flakes and pieces and mix with everything you make crab cakes patties and deep fry, with rumalade sauce. Its actually really good and good way to make use of kingfish.
                            X2 Shred up the fish, season to taste, add cracker crumbs and an egg or two depending on the size of the bowl of fish, make patties, and fry.
                            Good stuff!

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny Dangerr View Post
                              This............
                              I have found that getting it on ice and keeping it on ice the entire time makes a world of difference in taste. Now we're really careful to get ours on ice quick and then even when we're cleaning them only the piece we're working on comes off the ice and then it goes immediately into ice water. It stays much firmer this way and has almost no fishy taste. I know you said you're not interested in frying but when prepared well I can fry it up and you wouldn't know it wasn't redfish.

Sent from my LG-M430 using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X