No announcement yet.

Moon Landing... Real or Not?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have spent way too much time in conspiracy theorist circles for my own good.

I find the whole thing fascinating on a lot of levels, they are fun thought experiments but if you look at them empirically they almost all fall apart.

JFK was the last one that I placed much credence on the conspiracy narrative until I realize just how unimpressive the feat actually was...

Rob Brotherton's " Suspicious Minds"
    Farhad Manjoo's "True Enough"
    And Michael Shermers "Why we Believe Weird Things"

Those three books really illuminated to me the psychological reasons why people have the need to believe in giant, sweeping conspiracies.

It mostly boils down to a combination of narcissism, deep rooted insecurity and feelings of disempowerment and the good old fashioned Dunning Kruger effect causing people to have the need to feel that everything is under control, even if it is under control by "the bad guys" the belief that they are important enough for the rich elites to spend their time dreaming up ways to dupe us and the need to feel like they possess some sort of deep truth that the sheeple are just to asleep to see.

Theres actually a LOT of similarities between the global scale conspiracist mindset and that of the extreme woke intersectional Left.

Comment

Originally posted by 100%TtId View Post
      My conspiracy theory on the moon landing is that we did, in fact, land on the moon.

But, NASA also had a backup plan that included a faked landing scene set up on a soundstage to be used in case the landing attempt was a failure or some other catastrophe occurred so that we could still beat the Russians.
      Is there evidence of this? You can read the speech we had prepared in the event of mission failure.

JFK was my last big one. After hours and hours of conspiracy theories I came to the conclusion Oswald did it. Ruby was a nobody that wanted to be somebody. Vincent Bugliosi put together a mountain of evidence. Went to the site shortly after and realized anyone who claimed Oswald wouldn't have been able to make the shot had either not been there, or were just trying to push their narrative.

Lately I get a lot of joy from flat Earth debunking videos. I don't think half the people who push flat Earth actually believe it though.

Comment

Magic Johnson never had HIV.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I have no words.

Comment

Tagging this for later when I'm about 10 more drinks in me than I have now.

Comment

The crossbow is not really bowhunting...................

Comment

Originally posted by CEO View Post
                Is there evidence of this? You can read the speech we had prepared in the event of mission failure.

JFK was my last big one. After hours and hours of conspiracy theories I came to the conclusion Oswald did it. Ruby was a nobody that wanted to be somebody. Vincent Bugliosi put together a mountain of evidence. .......
                Ruby was the second shooter.......

Comment

Originally posted by Aggiehunter08 View Post
                  I think LBJ had Kennedy killed.

Na I think it was the mafia .

Comment

Some head scratcher conspiracy videos I've seen lately:

1. Stevie Wonder isn't blind.
                    2. Gorillas, pandas, orangutans are fake. Just people in suits.
                    3. Mud flood.
                    4. Zebras are painted donkeys.
                    5. Satellites are fake.
                    6. US is only half the size we're told.
                    7. Every war from Vietnam to present day is fake.

Comment

Originally posted by Strummer View Post
                      Na I think it was the mafia .

That's why Ruby shot Oswald.

Comment

this is what we go to when deer season ends ?

Comment

Originally posted by Aggiehunter08 View Post
                          I think LBJ had Kennedy killed.
                          My middle school teacher did too. I can’t remember her reasons why but I remember being a kid and telling my grandparents that and they thought it was the funniest thing they’d ever heard. They said my teacher was an idiot!!! Who knows.

Comment

Epstein didn’t kill himself.

Comment

JFK was killed due to a coup lead by LBJ.
                              Aliens are real (we should be able to agree on this now right?)
                              There IS a global Cabal (if you want to call the Illuminati, ok)
                              The Elitists of the world run a child sex trafficking ring
                              There something to this Pizza Gate stuff
                              Hollywood and other elites are involved in pedophilia at an unparalleled level
                              And the same people are quite possibly satanic as well
                              BHO was born in Kenya amd a globalist plant to destroy America from within
                              Epstein is alive and working to unmask EVERYTHING

Comment

And Anna Nichole Smith married for love.

Comment

Working...
                                X