Mellow johnnys

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mellow johnnys

So I saw a fb post that said they will no longer Service the apd in any way. Any cyclist here ? Says they are willing to lose the business for the position they are taking.

Hmmm I guess APD can refuse to “serve” Mellow Johnny’s the next time they have a high end bike stolen...

The Austin Police Department and Texas law enforcement teamed up to charge four people in a high end bicycle theft ring across Texas, according to police.

Comment

They won't lose any business, won't gain any. Their customer base is all in with their position.

I've been in Austin since '84 and ride tri/time trial, fixie, and 24 cruiser. I have never set foot in MJ's.

Their statement is the same thing that all virtue signalling businesses and people do. they are preaching to their choir. It's an echo chamber of all the stuff they and their friends want to hear and say. It's nothing. Let them walk away from the APD revenue. Someone will sell bikes to the cops, probably an internet company. Plenty of bike techs will set-up the bikes for APD for cash. I might do it for the cause.

Comment

Originally posted by banzai View Post
        They won't lose any business, won't gain any. Their customer base is all in with their position.

I've been in Austin since '84 and ride tri/time trial, fixie, and 24 cruiser. I have never set foot in MJ's.

Their statement is the same thing that all virtue signalling businesses and people do. they are preaching to their choir. It's an echo chamber of all the stuff they and their friends want to hear and say. It's nothing. Let them walk away from the APD revenue. Someone will sell bikes to the cops, probably an internet company. Plenty of bike techs will set-up the bikes for APD for cash. I might do it for the cause.

Figured as much. Just funny how half the people posting up in support for them probably can’t afford their bikes.

Comment

There’s another one in FW. They posted saying they’re independent of the Austin facility. Good group in FW that I’ve dealt with

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

To my knowledge APD has never done business with them. If they have it was because the business bid to be a vender for APD. They can pound sand and I wish they could call and request removed from emergency service- When they call 911 the operator just says sorry fend for yourself

Comment

Working...
            X