Got a 458 Socom itch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Got a 458 Socom itch

I want to build a shorter barreled upper in the 12” range. Anyone got a spare barrel laying around?

Have this one cut and recrowned. It looks like you can cut as far back as the gas block hole and even leave some threads for a brake.
    For the price, might be worth it.

Comment

Ammo is really $$$$, just a heads up

Comment

Originally posted by hog_down View Post
        Ammo is really $$$$, just a heads up
        Not when you cast and reload.....

Comment

I bet this will be a fun gun to shoot. I had a 16” upper and it was a blast. I been thinking about building me another one

Comment

awesome round for hunting,,, 16" really makes in shine!

Comment

I put one together and got it working a while back, with a 16" barrel. So far, I have only loaded and shot some 350 gr. soft points out of it. So far, I really like the gun a lot. Just hope I get to shoot a deer with it this season, a pig would be great, but don't think any of those will show up anytime soon. I will probably try some lighter bullets, I am not sure how well the 350 gr. bullets will expand in some of the little deer we have.
              I want to get some 405 gr. cast bullets and shoot some of those. I would like to get into casting bullets and experiment with alloys. I read a lot about it years ago, when I was big into 44 Mags., but never got into it.
              If I got into casting, I would have to buy some more big bore guns, I just don't see it worth all that's involved, to only cast bullets for one caliber. But I have been thinking about a big bore air rifle also lately.

Comment

Man after my own heart. I like my shorties for hunting. Built a 338 Federal shorty about a month and a half ago, killed a deer with it too. He ran around 40 yards and painted the woods the entire trip.
                Built a 450 bushmaster to go on my ar15 lower. Have a 300, the bushmaster, and a grendel all for that lower, the Grendel and the Bushmaster are both 12" and the 300 is a 10".

Comment

Working...
                X