Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

25-06 opinions

Who shoots one? How do you like it?

Great round. Shoots flat with little recoil.

Comment

Ruger M77. Love it! Have had 2 buddy’s switch over once shooting mine. One shoots a ruger as well and the other a Tikka. Very smooth shooting caliber with plenty of power.

Comment

I'd love to get one someday.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Comment

I’ve shot countless Texas whitetailss, 3 mature mule deer bucks and 1 Mature Kansas buck with one. Up to 400 yards. It’s never let me down a single time. As always shoot good bullets. I shoot Hornady Superformance 117gr.

Comment

I’ve shot one for years and never had a problem with it putting down whitetail and pigs.

Comment

How's the blood trail if it doesn't DRT?

Comment

Have one in a browning A-bolt. Great rifle, loves 117gr Hornady SST.

Comment

We've had one for years. Got it for my little brother when he was 10 years old. He's 20 now. Killed deer every year since. Good texas whitetail caliber. I prefer a little more balls for pigs. I usually go to the woods with a .270 WSM.

Comment

I have a Savage that is custom-built my wife likes it so much she calls it her rifle. Flat out WT killing machine. I am taking it in Dec. on an Axis hunt because shots out to 300 yds may present itself.

Comment

It's a great rifle. My longest shot at a deer was with one. 428 yards.

Comment

Good all around cartridge for Texas. I prefer the 110 accubonds and 115 Berger’s out of mine.

Comment

Fantastic whitetail caliber. Very flat shooting, hard hitting, light recoil.

Comment

Always wanted a 25.06 so I recently bought one from a member here.....really nice stainless
                            M77.. I've previously used a 6mm and a .270 so this Ruger splits the difference, more or less.....to be honest I've had better results with the 6mm on whitetails than then .270.... Way more hit the deck kills.... .270 they run a few yards....lost a +/- 180" 12pt using those **** yellow tips/original ballistic tip....126 hours on him before I had him dead to rights......perfect shot too....I'm hoping this 25.06 (which I've always wanted) turns out to be "it" for whitetail...
                            Last edited by Slicefixer; 11-20-2019, 08:15 AM.

Comment

Was skeptical of it as I've always shot 300wm... I picked up my ruger m77 varmint this year and decided to take it hunting as it's stupid accurate. Havent picked up my 300mag since. Have shot an 8 point and 2 coyotes and have been extremely impressed at the damage. It eats 120gr corelokts and spits them out at 1/2" at 100yrds.

Comment

Working...
                              X