(Texans Against) High Speed Rail

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

(Texans Against) High Speed Rail

After attending our community forum tonight I was curious how many of us on the GS will be affected by this.

I will personally be affected. Our property is just about 400 yards outside of the "proposed" travel route which puts us in the 2 mile swath of possible destruction.

Is this a private endeavor between DFW & Austin, or publicly funded?

Comment

I thought it was gonna be high fences. I was headed for the popcorn popper !

Comment

Someone will get rich off this mess. Is there really a need for such a transport method.

Comment

I might. we have owned property in Leon co for 33 years and a proposed route was within rifle distance. Our property value might will be affected as well as the solitude & stress reduction I crave when I spend time there. Some azzhat offered me 1/5 of the $ value of our much improved property. Private business should not be allowed to steal private property for their profits. Not to mention ruin great habitat that holds great quantities of wildlife. “Come and take it” comes to mind.

Big pig

Comment

Originally posted by Playa View Post
            Is this a private endeavor between DFW & Austin, or publicly funded?
            If it's the rail I'm thinking of, it runs between Dallas and Houston.

Comment

Originally posted by Chef View Post
              After attending our community forum tonight I was curious how many of us on the GS will be affected by this.

I will personally be affected. Our property is just about 400 yards outside of the "proposed" travel route which puts us in the 2 mile swath of possible destruction.

Last i heard, there was supposed to be a single stop (shiro texas).
              I dont know how accurate that is, but Shiro is about 9-10 miles as the crow flies from my house. Will bring excess traffic to hwy 30 and no telling what will happen with property values.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Part of my place in Leon county is within a mile of the proposed route, gonna mess up my neighbors real bad. I have not received any offers. Last year I saw a helicopter unmarked flying low across the corner of my place. If you look at traffic from Dallas to Houston during the week, most of it is 18 wheelers.

Comment

Originally posted by Ironman View Post
                  If it's the rail I'm thinking of, it runs between Dallas and Houston.
                  That what I was thinking too and at one time it was proposed as a publicly funded project in which I’m am totally against it and it has no impact on my daily life or property. But I am against mine and 70% of the populous tax dollars funding a project that only benefits DFW, Austin & Houston.

Comment

Think DART......mostly empty trains, and muggings on the platforms.

Comment

Originally posted by Playa View Post
                      That what I was thinking too and at one time it was proposed as a publicly funded project in which I’m am totally against it and it has no impact on my daily life or property. But I am against mine and 70% of the populous tax dollars funding a project that only benefits DFW, Austin & Houston.
                      Not sure where you keep getting Austin from. The rail proposed doesn't come near Austin.

Comment

Originally posted by trophyhunter01 View Post
                        Someone will get rich off this mess. Is there really a need for such a transport method.
                        No... some asshat wants to build something and say look what I accomplished.

They're building one in Cali that is way over budget and way behind schedule.

Comment

Dallas to Houston one stop in Bryan. So everyone it effects land wise along the route is #$%@÷# like chuck trying to get on it. It will pass by me around Corsicana going 3000 mph. I haven't read much about it but if there is a 2 mile cone of safety around it I hope never gets on track.

Comment

Proposed route cuts across my family's farmland and passes about 200 yards from the house we just built for my elderly parents. I personally know a lot of other folks that would be displaced or have their lives drastically disrupted by it.
                            This boondoggle is a big scam to pad the wallets of a few crooks with taxpayer funds while trampling the rights of property owners and destroying a beautiful part of Texas.
                            Letting this happen would be a BIG mistake!!

Log into Facebook to start sharing and connecting with your friends, family, and people you know.

Comment

Old Texas law allows railroad surveyors to survey any property anywhere because its railroad. Remember priorities: Football, God, Oil, Railroad. Word on the beat is Houston Aggies wanted a stop near Huntsville to get off and go to BCS. Sensible choice of I45 corridor affects several affluent peoples properties and it got pushed away from that corridor.

I hope Trump sees clear to make an Intra/Interstate public transportation rail system on already owned Interstate highway land. Probably not gonna be popular in the short term with the red crowd. Many will see things two dimensionally when we live in three dimensions physically but actually four if not more...ie...go up or down not left or right.

Good luck to all those GSers affected.
                              Last edited by Briar Friar; 01-30-2018, 11:16 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X