HIP Certified

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HIP Certified

This may or may not have been earlier discussed. If so sorry to repeat.

I went to attach my Federal Migratory stamp to my hunting license today and saw the following printed on the license....

HIP Certification Required.

No where did it say HIP Certified, that I could tell.

I recall buying the license at Academy and clerk was pretty fast at getting me outta there, but never said the word HIP... so now I am wondering if I am HIP Certified.

Any TBH insight is appreciated on this subject.

It should say it on your list of endorsements on the front

Comment

Originally posted by DKirk View Post
      It should say it on your list of endorsements on the front
      ^^^^

Comment

Under endorsements it says - Migratory GmBrd but NOT “HIP Certified”?

Comment

you ain't Hip certified. a bunch of BS

Comment

Originally posted by Anvilheadtexas View Post
            This may or may not have been earlier discussed. If so sorry to repeat.

I went to attach my Federal Migratory stamp to my hunting license today and saw the following printed on the license....

HIP Certification Required.

No where did it say HIP Certified, that I could tell.

I recall buying the license at Academy and clerk was pretty fast at getting me outta there, but never said the word HIP... so now I am wondering if I am HIP Certified.

Any TBH insight is appreciated on this subject.
            Had this same thing happen at academy and it turned out the young gal doing my license did not add the cert to my license, meaning I would be in violation. I ended up having to have a manager look at it and confirm that the HIP cert was not added. The manager reprinted my license with the correct cert and now it says HIP Certified not Required. Manager had to ask the questions after adding it to the license.

I would go back to that Academy and explain the situation to them and they SHOULD fix it for you and reprint you one.
            Last edited by sierracharlie338; 10-20-2020, 01:54 PM.

Comment

Under endorsements it says - Migratory GmBrd but NOT “HIP Certified”?
              Correct.

Comment

Wow. Glad I asked. This is the exact kinda bs that gets one into a jam with GW afield. I will go to Academy and see if I can’t get it changed.

Comment

Wow. Glad I asked. This is the exact kinda bs that gets one into a jam with GW afield. I will go to Academy and see if I can’t get it changed.
                  Yes sir and thats exactly what I explained to the young girl so she could learn. She didnt do it maliciously but she also needed to be aware of the consequences. Both her and manager were very polite over it and I had no issues.

Comment

Originally posted by sierracharlie338 View Post
                    Yes sir and thats exactly what I explained to the young girl so she could learn. She didnt do it maliciously but she also needed to be aware of the consequences. Both her and manager were very polite over it and I had no issues.
                    I thought about asking, but I was in a hurry and assumed that if you actually bought a Fed Migratory Stamp You were automatically enrolled... regardless if you were asked questions or not.

I need to go in there anyway.... glad I asked.

Comment

I thought about asking, but I was in a hurry and assumed that if you actually bought a Fed Migratory Stamp You were automatically enrolled... regardless if you were asked questions or not.

I need to go in there anyway.... glad I asked.
                      Based on the convo I had, since it is an endorsement it has to be manually added for whatever reason. I didn't buy a duck stamp but bought a super combo thinking it would be on there also. The manager told the girl she had to manually add it in order for the certification to be attached. My guess it that, it is done that way so when they add it to the license it prompts them to ask the questions before completion. Im just spitballing here though haha.

Comment

This is why it's worth the extra $5 to buy it online and get what you need.

Comment

I also tell them up front and remind them while they are doing it that it needs to say HIP certified

Comment

Originally posted by sierracharlie338 View Post
                            Based on the convo I had, since it is an endorsement it has to be manually added for whatever reason. I didn't buy a duck stamp but bought a super combo thinking it would be on there also. The manager told the girl she had to manually add it in order for the certification to be attached. My guess it that, it is done that way so when they add it to the license it prompts them to ask the questions before completion. Im just spitballing here though haha.
                            Who knows? I would have been spit-ballin if stopped by GW later this Fall duck hunting! Lol. I could get mad, but I should have known better. I would suspect that the clerk who sold me this was not a hunter. I will blame the mask... all I wanted to do was grab my tyvek and get outta there and take the darn mask off my face.

I do, however, feel wise in that I stopped myself from attaching the Fed Stamp when the question came up today. I suspect I too will get a reprint license.

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
                              I also tell them up front and remind them while they are doing it that it needs to say HIP certified
                              And, I tell them before they ask, NO to each question. Speeds up the process.

Comment

Working...
                              X