Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Chew View Post
    No sir. I hit him with my truck.

Seems legit to me . Or my 3 year old killed it in youth season .

Comment

Define “false info”.

Falsifying your ID to any cop is a Class B and a Class A if you’re wanted.

Telling a game warden you haven’t seen any deer at all today while just sitting over 30 deer at your feeder is not a crime. It’s not against the law to lie to the police, unless you file a false report or give a false name.

Comment

Originally posted by UltraMax View Post
        Define “false info”.

Falsifying your ID to any cop is a Class B and a Class A if you’re wanted.

Telling a game warden you haven’t seen any deer at all today while just sitting over 30 deer at your feeder is not a crime. It’s not against the law to lie to the police, unless you file a false report or give a false name.
        LOL, sweet. because everytime I am pulled over in my boat and they ask where I caught the fish, I lie my *** off.

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
          I can guarantee you it's worse than when a game warden gives YOU false information!! I was involved in a big case where the game wardens lied out their asses to try to entrap fellow hunters in a case they thought they had. In the end, they found there was NO CASE and no law had been violated by anyone on our property... IF you are prone to arguing when you KNOW you are right, you are almost always better off just obeying, and Yessir/Nosir to the GW, let him write a ticket if he's going to, THEN go argue and present your case to the judge. My respect and confidence in TPWD as an organization has taken a nose dive in the last 5 years... Not the individual GW's as such, but as a gubment agency, they're the pits.
          Dang we need a like button around here.

Hammer meet nail right here.

Comment

Obviously he's never watched Lone Star Law.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Comment

Tell your associate to use his 5th amendment rights. No need to provide any information

And have him watch this -

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d-7o9xYp7eE&t=3s"]Don't Talk to the Police - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

Originally posted by RR 314 View Post
                I have willfully given false information to a GW and it was helpful. I went to the ranch opening weekend of rifle season several years back to finish up some cedar siding etc. inside the ranch house and he was waiting for me at the gate Saturday am as I was running into town. He asked me for my hunting license (that was in the ranch house). I told him I have not been hunting and he said, "Sir, I know you have been hunting." I again stated, "Sir, I did not hunt this am." He again stated, "I know for a fact that you were hunting." Finally, I said, follow me to the house. He jumped in his truck and followed me back to the house. Sawdust, cedar and Coors Light cans met him. I showed him my license and he checked everything out. He stated I should have my license on me at all times (even when going into town) and again stated he knew I was hunting. I finally said something along the lines of, "I absolutely did not hunt this am, but the feed store closes in 18 minutes and if it speeds this up, I will affirm that I hunted this morning. I have guns and bows in the cabin and looked out the window at the feeder at deer and turkey." He then muttered something and left.

However, generally being deceptive is a bad idea. :-)
                LOL! So you were just returning false information (a false accusation actually) with false information.

Comment

All my info is true to my knowledge

Comment

Originally posted by Fordnandez View Post
                    This is what ****** me off........ I have only had a few interactions with GW's but twice they showed up acting like I was already guilty.
                    Might be a good idea to stop wearing those BLM and Antifa shirts with the Biden hat.

Comment

Nosir, I did not get a nibble in this creek. Those were all caught out on the main lake.

Comment

Originally posted by hopedale View Post
                        Tell your associate to use his 5th amendment rights. No need to provide any information

And have him watch this -

Don't Talk to the Police - YouTube
                        Yes sir.....

Comment

Originally posted by Fordnandez View Post
                          This is what ****** me off........ I have only had a few interactions with GW's but twice they showed up acting like I was already guilty.
                          Opening weekend green jeans pulls in our camp around 4pm. Checks everyones licenses and we are all good. At about 430 one of the guys wives pulls onto the property with a 3 week old baby. They are just going to hang out in the camper while her hubby is hunting. Game warden reads her the riot act about how she should have a hunting license even though she told him she was just there to hang out in the camper and watch the baby. Its about 5 now and game warden takes off. By this time we had all left to our stands. At about 540 he comes back on the property drives to our camp and finds her to tell her that he just wanted to make sure she wasn't out hunting.
                          1. Hes disrupting good hunting hours
                          2. She felt totally creeped out by him and I dont blame her.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Comment

I've had someone call the GW on our camp and they showed up. After a general BS convention the warden told me a call was made.

By the time he left, he knew we were on the up and up

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Anvilheadtexas View Post
                              I am not sure I know what the “sovereign citizen bs” is? Is it the guy that holds his ground and understands his rights? Within a certain lane, that’s not really bs. In the case of this story....Inviting the GW that was falsely accusing him of doing something (hunting) back to his camp was a poor idea. GW sounds like he was on a fishing mission and there are 1 million things but he could have discovered whether they were relevant or not. In regards to caving in and admitting to something that he didn’t (hunting) the GW now had reason to believe that he was dealing with someone that was hiding something and if he was in fact investigating an illegal shooting or game violation ... our story teller now bubbled higher up on the suspect list.
                              Not sure I understand this....the guy had absolutely nothing to hide.

Comment

Originally posted by slayr View Post
                                Not sure I understand this....the guy had absolutely nothing to hide.
                                That’s right! He didn’t. So why start lying? If you ever been part of a GW fishing expedition you would understand what I am talking about (and I do follow all laws and have never been ticketed) But I can assure you... in the situation I was in, the GW was looking for anything. Really kinda sad and changed my opinion forever.

In this example who knows what GW was Really investigating? A real crime, a major game violation .... who knows. All we know is guy admitted to hunting and although it ended well.. he actually open himself up for further investigation and suspicion ... whatever the GW was getting after. And we know they can draw wrong conclusions ... aka, he was sure guy was hunting.

Follow the laws, be courteous, know your rights and manage interactions afield with the GW carefully... they aren’t there to be your friend.

Comment

Working...
                                X