No announcement yet.

2020 Live Montana Elk Hunt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

good luck - looks like you are in the right area.

Comment

Love it. Keep it up!

Comment

Originally posted by jaker_cc View Post
        Can’t kill great ones by killing good ones

Thats a fact! Stay on em and persistence will pay off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

No luck this morning, we got winded before we ever saw them bedded.

Comment

There’s a bull bedded on this ridge, saw him come up this morning. Waiting on him to make the first move

Comment

What time does it get dark up there?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Sunset about 7:30 or so I believe. Looks like you didn't get near the snow we did down here in Wyoming.
                Casper even had more than Laramie, surprised.

Elk are starting to talk here but they are desperately looking for hot cows right now.

Comment

They aren’t talking here except right at dark. We had one bugle down below us about 8:25 and he was headed down to the alfalfa fields. No chance to catch up so we are headed back to the truck. First week is tough. I’m either going big or going home empty handed this year.

Here is the other bull killed in camp two days ago.

Comment

They are really starting to chase cows up here. I watched 50 head of cows on Sunday and 6 bulls do their fall ritual for about 45 minutes.

That was before all the snow we got and I would imagine now they are really heating up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by WyoBull View Post
                      They are really starting to chase cows up here. I watched 50 head of cows on Sunday and 6 bulls do their fall ritual for about 45 minutes.

That was before all the snow we got and I would imagine now they are really heating up.

Interestingly spouse said the elk were very active Wednesday but on Thursday morning they shut up when it started pelleting again. Not much bugling but the bulls are really looking for hot cows right now. Hoping the spouse has his bull down when I get back top camp in the morning.

Good luck jaker, good on you for holding out for a big bull or nothing. Can you take a cow for meat if you want on that tag ?

Comment

Originally posted by wytex View Post
                        Interestingly spouse said the elk were very active Wednesday but on Thursday morning they shut up when it started pelleting again. Not much bugling but the bulls are really looking for hot cows right now. Hoping the spouse has his bull down when I get back top camp in the morning.

Good luck jaker, good on you for holding out for a big bull or nothing. Can you take a cow for meat if you want on that tag ?

Yes I can, if I don’t kill a good bull I’ll come back up during rifle and kill a cow for the freezer.

Comment

Good luck to you. I hope you close the deal.

Comment

I’ve got tonight and tomorrow morning to get it done. Not going to shoot unless it’s a mature bull no matter how big or small he is. Y’all wish me luck, it’s 80 degrees and they aren’t talking so I’m going to need all I can get.

Comment

Keep at em homie! You’ll get a shot

Comment

Good luck!

Comment

Working...
                                X