No announcement yet.

Any pilots here?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PM me. There is alot of folks here with great intentions but may be outdated with their info. If you want to go military, do not listen to a recruiter...period. I recently retired after 26 yrs active duty AF now flying with Southwest. I WAS enlisted, went ROTC for grad school, (NOT OTS) I do NOT have an engineering degree, flew the B-2 and put thousands of students through UPT/PIT as a T-38 IP. And have helped a dozen folks get pilot slots as well. Its not rocket surgery but timing is EVERYTHING.

The only reason I may be the exception is that I didnt listen to folks who didnt do it. I know hundreds of regional/major airline pilots so I am familiar with that as well. It all depends what you ultimately want...

Comment

Originally posted by deerplanter View Post
      He's banned so I doubt he will answer you.
      I don't know the history behind this guy. Seems infamous. Please explain!

Comment

Originally posted by Jmh05 View Post
        How did this thread get pulled out of the deep?
        I'm trying to join the military as a pilot. Just did some thread research.

Comment

$$$$$$. Probably smarter to just find a buddy with a plane and hitch a ride!

Comment

Good luck on your journey! He is not a part of this group at least that I know of but reach out to Jeremy. He is very active in aviation and former military. I went to a FAA safety seminar he put on and he seems like a stand up guy. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCFg...lQmJexBaLT55gg

Comment

Originally posted by Hex View Post
              PM me. There is alot of folks here with great intentions but may be outdated with their info. If you want to go military, do not listen to a recruiter...period. I recently retired after 26 yrs active duty AF now flying with Southwest. I WAS enlisted, went ROTC for grad school, (NOT OTS) I do NOT have an engineering degree, flew the B-2 and put thousands of students through UPT/PIT as a T-38 IP. And have helped a dozen folks get pilot slots as well. Its not rocket surgery but timing is EVERYTHING.

The only reason I may be the exception is that I didnt listen to folks who didnt do it. I know hundreds of regional/major airline pilots so I am familiar with that as well. It all depends what you ultimately want...
              PM sent!

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                If TwoHighways posts here, consider yourself talking to the OP...
                Lol

Comment

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SDNZBqaqdZ8"]YouTube[/ame]

Comment

Originally posted by BIG BONE View Post
                    I have my commercial and instrument in helicopters. Are you set on fixed wing or would you be interested in rotary.
                    Are your flying rotary for a living? I have commercial single and multi fixed but considering getting rotary.

Comment

Originally posted by Chew View Post
                      Pilot license if you're a doofus?

Discuss.
                      This was perfect.

Comment

Originally posted by philcam View Post
                        Are your flying rotary for a living? I have commercial single and multi fixed but considering getting rotary.

No I’m not, couldn’t get a school to hire me cause my weight so I decided not even to move forward getting my instructor license. I burn to much gas lol. So the other option I had was to rent/buy a chopper and get 1500 more hours and then I could be eligible for the gulf. That would have cost me an arm and leg and also they probably would want instructors since they were current with books and all that. So I went back to the electrical field. I miss flying though. Good luck

Comment

You can work up to warrant in army, you need to go to OCS to be pilot in the other forces. Enlisted folks typically don’t pilot, there are a few exceptions but you’ve got to be realistic.

Comment

Originally posted by SonOfTheSouth View Post
                            I'm trying to join the military as a pilot. Just did some thread research.
                            Talk to an Army Guard unit about the Aquired Civilian Skills program. Not sure if is still available, I went through it in the 80’s. They give you credit for your civilian license and experience. Once in you can look into going active duty.

Comment

Working...
                            X