Shipping gun to manufacture?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shipping gun to manufacture?

What is the best way to ship a firearm back to manufacture? I know you use to be able to mail, but wondering if having an FFL would be easier and cheaper since they get discounts. Any input would be appreciated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have shipped a few rifles back to the manufacture/builder by going to a USP Hub. The manufacture/builder will ship back to you. Do not use a UPS store as they will not accept firearms use the Hub.

Comment

Since I’m in good with my local shop he said that he would do it no problem.

Comment

Originally posted by sendit View Post
        I have shipped a few rifles back to the manufacture/builder by going to a USP Hub. The manufacture/builder will ship back to you. Do not use a UPS store as they will not accept firearms use the Hub.

Are you talking about the customer centers?

Comment

Shipping a gun for repair 'should' be an easy affair...send it to the mfg via USPS / FedEx & UPS hubs & they ship it right back to you.

Now, getting these ding-dongs who work there to understand it's legit is another conversation.

Comment

If it's warranty get a call tag from the manufacturer. A rifle or shotgun can be mailed to them. If it's a handgun it has to be mailed by an ffl. You can ship a handgun direct but have to use UPS or Fedex. And they will bend you're over. The manufacturer can send it directly back to you.

Comment

I had to send a rifle to Remington and it was pretty easy. They emailed me a shipping label and arranged for UPS to pick it up. I packaged it in the original box, affixed the label and UPS picked it up, then delivered it back to me once the repairs were completed.

Comment

Thanks guys. I’ll try to mail it as the manufacturer won’t send me a shipping label as they don’t feel there could be an issue with their accuracy so that is part of their policy.

Comment

Is it a weatherby?

Comment

Originally posted by BearStrike2010 View Post
                    Is it a weatherby?

That is a negative

Comment

Originally posted by Artos View Post
                      Shipping a gun for repair 'should' be an easy affair...send it to the mfg via USPS / FedEx & UPS hubs & they ship it right back to you.

Now, getting these ding-dongs who work there to understand it's legit is another conversation.

Shipped it today by UPS and they informed me that a FFL certificate was required to ship. They kept insisting even though I told them it was a manufacture. They eventually took it without the FFL but I was close to being sent away. I don’t remember reading that as a requirement on their website.

Comment

UPS and sometimes USPS employees can be clueless---I have a letter from the Inspector General of the USPS which lays out the "can and cannot" issues of firearms shipping. I take it with me whenever I am mailing a firearm. Since the first time, it has save me lots of headaches.

Comment

Originally posted by bmac View Post
                          Shipped it today by UPS and they informed me that a FFL certificate was required to ship. They kept insisting even though I told them it was a manufacture. They eventually took it without the FFL but I was close to being sent away. I don’t remember reading that as a requirement on their website.

I’m an ffl & have had all of the big three tell me they cannot ship firearms period...it’s the ding dongs behind the counter & ignorance.

You should see their faces when I ask them to explain the logistics of how firearms get to their destination & I want to talk to the supervisor

Comment

Working...
                          X