10 inches of snow last night

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

10 inches of snow last night

South of Salida in Colorado elk hunting. This is what my tent looked like before I crawled in last night.

Dang cant see pic

Comment

Must have been a green snow blizzard.........I wouldnt mind some cooler weather but I dont want any dang snow.

Comment

Well I guess pic didn't load, I'll try again.
        Can't get it load, but basically it was covered up. Nearly collapsing. Sleeping back had frost on it and ice on the inside walls of the tent. Was a long night.

Comment

Man, I think we have had about ten inches of rain in Austin today. Ha.

Comment

Temp was 23, but feels like temp was 12 degrees at 6 am this morning.

Comment

Bundle up!!

Comment

Maybe
                Attached Files

Comment

This make the hunting better or worse?

Comment

One of the biggest snowstorms I ever went through was Ft. Collins, Colorado in September. I forget the date but near the 15th of the month I think. We got around 3' of snow, it was a mess but I love snow so I enjoyed it. Had a plow on my 4 wheeler and big tires on truck so made the most of it.

Comment

Hopefully better, but worse for now because of the wind. Snow constantly blowing in my eyes, and no way an arrow fly's true. It's starting to die down though and I'm about to head back out. Should make tracking easier.

Comment

Wow that sux.

Comment

Heard a cow calling pretty close earlier. Nocked an arrow and went to hook up my release but it was frozen shut. Never seen her anyway, but keeping it tucked in now.

Comment

Should push them down- I have hunted that valley several times and would have loved to get that much snow pushing them off the timberline.

Comment

Originally posted by Allpublic View Post
                              South of Salida in Colorado elk hunting. This is what my tent looked like before I crawled in last night.
                              You on Methodist Mountain?

Comment

Working...
                              X