No announcement yet.

Brady Patch Ten Took it Twice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Congrats on being able to close the loop.

Comment

Glad you got him! Congrats!

Comment

Great story with a good ending. Congratulations !

Comment

Just crazy how the first shot didn’t knock him down.

In your other post you said the broadhead was a Rage Trypan. Is it possible it did not deploy? The first hole looks a bit smaller.

J

Comment

Glad it worked out Bobby!!!!! They really are tough critters.

Congrats!

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by JhuntsAlot View Post
              Just crazy how the first shot didn’t knock him down.

In your other post you said the broadhead was a Rage Trypan. Is it possible it did not deploy? The first hole looks a bit smaller.

J
              This is what I said in the first post. Pretty obvious now looking at both holes that the first one didn't open and was basically a field polnt.

Comment

Congrats, I love getting those second chances!

Comment

Looks like on the first shot the head did open, and in the dead pics it has just healed a little. In those pics when he came back to the feeder, those "old" holes do not look small. Also, in the killing holes, the deer was quartering more which will make a huge difference in the size of the holes. I ALWAYS prefer a slight quartering shot over a straight broadside shot. You can double the damage in a hurry.

Comment

Amazing story, like many others, I thought the first shot would have been fatal.

Congratulations on a beautiful buck and you'll be able to tell a great story to go along with your trophy.

Comment

Had that exact same thing happen two years ago with a buck that I hit in pretty much the same spot. We got him back on camera a few weeks later at a feeder but I never took another shot at him.

Comment

I'm guessing you didn't get full deployment of the broadhead on shot #1.

Comment

Congrats and enjoyed the follow along.

Rwc

Comment

Amazing story with, fortunately, a good ending! Cogratulations!

Comment

Congrats on sealing the deal. After seeing the pics above, I’d of thought that the first shot would have eventually killed him. Man deer are tough!

Comment

Originally posted by Throwin Darts View Post
                                I'm guessing you didn't get full deployment of the broadhead on shot #1.
                                the 1st hole was as big as second hole. It had started to heal up. But when we pulled on it it opened back up. Not a broadhead issue.

Comment

Working...
                                X