Spypoint Cell link review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Spypoint Cell link review

I have to say that so far I am plenty happy with it. I had some trouble activating it. I had to log out and back in but then it worked fine. Considering you can turn any old fashion game camera into a cell phone camera for about 50 bucks it is pretty cool. I am finding that I enjoy sitting here at my desk and getting pictures.

-john

I have 4 Link Darks I’ve been running for almost 2 years. Love them. No issues at all.

Comment

I just bought one, will have it out this weekend hopefully. Good to hear you like it

Comment

had a micro link ATT up - worked perfect for 30 day trial...not a single picture after that. performed updates and downloads - nada.

sent back to spypoint for replacement. new one will be for sale here shortly.

Comment

I’ve had one attached to a Browning Strike Force camera for about two weeks and it has performed flawlessly. I was pleasantly surprised - only two bars of service in that spot. I think it is important to follow the instructions exactly regarding camera settings (eg: low resolution) and type of micro sd card

Comment

On the set up, did you have to join their "club" for $ 100 and pay $100 for the plan too? I bought 2, but my cameras are at the lease and I haven't gotten them set up yet.

pray for rain

Comment

Originally posted by bowtecmike View Post
              On the set up, did you have to join their "club" for $ 100 and pay $100 for the plan too? I bought 2, but my cameras are at the lease and I haven't gotten them set up yet.

pray for rain
              No, if paid annually (as opposed to monthly) the “Standard Plan” is $84. That gives you 1,000 pics a month for 12 months. The “club” gives some extra stuff I don’t think I need

Comment

I just purchased one as well and have been trying to figure out the set up......

Comment

Mine's been out 3 weeks and been solid so far. No hiccup so far.

Comment

Another tip - make sure you buy a class 10 micro SD card of no more than 32mb. You also need to format the card (not “quick format”) before inserting it

Comment

Originally posted by jerp View Post
                      Another tip - make sure you buy a class 10 micro SD card of no more than 32mb. You also need to format the card (not “quick format”) before inserting it

For us techno challenged, how do I format the card?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by bowtecmike View Post
                        For us techno challenged, how do I format the card?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
                        On my computer anyway you put it in a card reader. When the screen pops up you chose drive tools. Choose format and uncheck quick format.

-john

Comment

Originally posted by TX_Hoghunter View Post
                          On my computer anyway you put it in a card reader. When the screen pops up you chose drive tools. Choose format and uncheck quick format.

-john
                          When you buy the micro card it will come with an adapter which looks like a regular-sized SD card. On a Windows system put the adapter in the card slot and go to the start menu and click "computer". You will see an icon for the the SD card drive pop up. Right click that then click "format" As John said, unclick the "quick format" first. It will take a few minutes

Comment

I put one out at our new lease 3 weeks ago. The link is about 8’ off the ground. I attached it to a 12 year old Wild Game Innovations camera (the old black pentagonal shapes one that takes 4D cell batteries). So far so good. Nothing exciting on deer yet, but I’ve got plenty of pictures of cows and then me working on putting up a feed pen yesterday. It will definitely save me from having to drive out and check the camera. So far, it’s been a game changer.

Thanks,
                            Skooter

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I have a few and they work well. impressed for the price

Comment

Working...
                              X