Pics of Tundras with Replacement Bumpers/ Grill Guards

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tim’s welding in Uvalde has Frontier full replacement bumper and grill guards for 2015 Tundra for $995 installed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Matt_C View Post
      How do you know if you have one of those adaptive cruise devices on your Tundra?

Look behind your grill at the big T emblem in the center like my pics above. . There will be a wire coming from it for the radar sensor.

Comment

Originally posted by DUKFVR View Post
        Looks Great Jason!

Thanks David

Comment

Used the Radar Assisted Cruise this past weekend for a 10 hour round trip to my lease and no problems whatsoever with the Steelcraft grille guard and the panel removed. Pretty cool feature when you get used to it.

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
            Used the Radar Assisted Cruise this past weekend for a 10 hour round trip to my lease and no problems whatsoever with the Steelcraft grille guard and the panel removed. Pretty cool feature when you get used to it.

What does it do? Detect upcoming hills, I would assume? That would be cool!

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
              What does it do? Detect upcoming hills, I would assume? That would be cool!

It detects cars in front of you at a choice of 4 distances and slows you down a little to the speed that car is going if you get too close. You can switch lanes and it will go back to your set speed......

Comment

My wife’s new car has the radar cruise control. It will spoil you. You can leave it on all the time and it will even bring you to a complete stop if in traffic.

With that and lane tracking assist, it almost drives for you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
                  My wife’s new car has the radar cruise control. It will spoil you. You can leave it on all the time and it will even bring you to a complete stop if in traffic.
                  That would scare the heck out of me testing it for the first time

Comment

Originally posted by hntndawg View Post

Yeah...I'm just gonna let it help me stay locked in on the freeway.....my luck can be bad enough for it to hiccup during a stop

Comment

Yeah...I'm just gonna let it help me stay locked in on the freeway.....my luck can be bad enough for it to hiccup during a stop

Originally posted by hntndawg View Post

Oh trust me my foot is hovering over the brake at the same time, lol.

I will say this, her new car is a Toyota product and it all works reasonably well but the Ford Explorer we drove was much better in terms of not overcompensating with the lane assist and much smoother on the speed up/slow down/stopping with the radar cruise. Most of the time we keep the lane assist turned off because it gets annoying. It’s constantly adjusting and drifts from side to side in the lane quite a bit.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
                        Oh trust me my foot is hovering over the brake at the same time, lol.

I will say this, her new car is a Toyota product and it all works reasonably well but the Ford Explorer we drove was much better in terms of not overcompensating with the lane assist and much smoother on the speed up/slow down/stopping with the radar cruise. Most of the time we keep the lane assist turned off because it gets annoying. It’s constantly adjusting and drifts from side to side in the lane quite a bit.

My 2020 was very gradual on the slow down unless I was approaching fast on a slow moving car....which I can understand. Have not messed with the lane assist.. Probably never will.

Comment

My 2020 was very gradual on the slow down unless I was approaching fast on a slow moving car....which I can understand. Have not messed with the lane assist.. Probably never will.

Yeah that’s kinda what I mean. If you are approaching a slow moving or stopped vehicle it seems to wait a long time to brake and when it does it brakes hard.

Kind of unnerving.

Comment

Decided to go with the Ranch Hand Midnight bumper for my Tundra.

Comment

**** nice David! Looks great!

Comment

**** nice David! Looks great!
                                Thanks Jason!

Comment

Working...
                                X