Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kansas outfitter busted

Anyone hear about this outfit?

Some younger guides learned a tough lesson. Sounds like the outfitter really messed up access for lots of folks with his actions: https://forums.bowsite.com/tf/bgforu...ages=8&forum=7

I don’t know why but the penalties sure seem light to me given the circumstances.

Comment

I agree but that 20 yr old bull rider better get busy to pay his fine, $45,000.

Comment

The fines are ridiculous! Looking at all of the Management area’s that are now off limits due to this atrocity- their hunting privileges should have been taken away for life.

Comment

Those young men did some serious poaching.

Rwc

Comment

My bil was involved with a guy in NW Kansas that was leasing land that wasn't his. I was thinking the link was going to be that case but it isnt.

Comment

I thought this was going to be the one about the duck hunting outfit that was busted... What's going on in Kansas??? Seem's like it's happening kind of often.

Comment

Amusing when poachers get their hunting privileges revoked. What's the point?
                Last edited by Bluesman; 06-30-2022, 10:15 AM.

Comment

Not just poaching but poaching monster bucks
                  Lifetime loss of hunting rights seems appropriate to me

Comment

I am trying to find out whether the land owners knew about the activities and received any punishment on top of the loss of revenue?

State is not going to accept their WIHP applications, but nothing regarding leasing to another outfitter?

I'll keep looking.

Rwc

Comment

“Loss of hunting privileges” obviously isn’t going to affect their future poaching much anyway.

Comment

These writers are pitiful. . .

"Sean Winter was charged with 18 counts and pleaded guilty to six. He will have to pay a $5,800 fine, will not be able to hunt for a year and will have to confiscate a firearm."

Can he confiscate anyone's firearm? :-)

Comment

Originally posted by RR 314 View Post
                          These writers are pitiful. . .

"Sean Winter was charged with 18 counts and pleaded guilty to six. He will have to pay a $5,800 fine, will not be able to hunt for a year and will have to confiscate a firearm."

Can he confiscate anyone's firearm? :-)
                          Yes, as part of his punishment he has to go to Chicago and take a gangster’s gun

Comment

Someone please break this down, what did they do? Obviously it was illegal but??

Comment

Second hand here, a guy on Bowsite from the area says the outfitter went around and offered landowners more than the state to lease their land, hunters lost thousands of acres of what was open to public hunting to the lease up.
                              His guides were then hunting archery season with rifles and in some cases never had permits for the deer taken, sounds like guides and paying hunters.
                              In all I find 9 people were charged but only names for the larger fines.

Nutshell, they took deer on archery permits with a rifle and poached some without a license at all.
                              And the ones named are pretty young, that is sad to see.

Comment

Working...
                              X