An odor so awful that clings to anything it touches

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

An odor so awful that clings to anything it touches

In the cabin I kept smelling what appeared to be a faint smell of a dead mouse. Searched around but couldn’t find the source. As the days progressed it intensified. By then it was no ordinary dead mouse smell. I could barely tolerate it and began searching under cabinets. As I opened the bathroom lavatory, a smell so nasty wafted up my nose. A blue bucket was sitting inside the lavatory and I reached in and pulled it out. There was at least a gallon of black liquid with two or more, hardly recognizable dead mice. Who knows what else was in that bucket! The mice had ballooned up like puffer fish.

Never smelled anything quite like that before. I grabbed the bucket and quickly headed outside with the black contents. Despite spraying room deodorizers and disinfectant, the stench inside the cabin wouldn’t go away. If anything, the sprays just made it worse. 🤮

Had a possum die in one our walls and was horrible! Boiling vinegar was what we used to get rid of smell.

Comment

Lol oh no. You're gonna need to find a friend with an ozonics machine. Possibly even rent a commercial unit, if possible.

Comment

Thanks. I needed that this morning.

Comment

Get an ozone generator and stay out. It’s unreal the smells ozone can kill.

Comment

What they said. Ozonics will clean it up for you

Comment

It will take a bit longer but made in Mexico vanilla (much stronger than US made) 1/2 bottle mixed with water in a small pump sprayer will work. Remove as much of the fabric as possible and hang it outside then spray everything down don't forget the a/c filters and leave a/c on repeat every other day until it goes away

Comment

Originally posted by Drop Tine View Post
                Get an ozone generator and stay out. It’s unreal the smells ozone can kill.
                This. We had an office building that cought fire in the attitic. Once the repairs were made they brought in multiple ozone generators (big office with 3 floors), and it killed the smoke smell big time.

Comment

Look up the solution for taking the skunk smell off of a dog and use that. Spritz it on every thing and that should do it.

Comment

Forget the smell right now....I gotta know what caused the mice to die in a bucket and what was in there with them....was this a trap you set previously? Or someone else possibly?

Comment

We used this back in the day to rid our newly bought house of smoke smell. Didn’t know the folks were smokers until we took a hot shower and the steam pulled it out of the walls. Two rounds with it and our house never smelled like smoke again. Might work for you too.

Biocide Systems home odor eliminator 4-pack saves you money on the best odor eliminator for homes with a bundle of safe and effective ClO2 Room Shocker.

Comment

i buy lots of smelly properties and i bought a ozone generating machine off amazon for under $100.00 i have used it lots of places and for the most part it works very well.

do not stay in the room (or house even) while you are running it.

Comment

Two dead mice? That's it?

Try a person or two in a trailer house for a week or so. There was a dude in a bathtub once. I do believe most of him would have drained if you could have got the plug out

One day after a double about 5 of us went to lubys to eat. We couldn't figure out why no one lined up right behind us at first

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

When I was a Chemical inspector I always hate DCPD. The smell would cling to you like that.

Comment

The main power breaker got tripped at my parents lake house one time. It was about a month before anyone went up there. My dad had left a box of bait shrimp in the freezer.

Comment

Working...
                              X