No announcement yet.

Texas Old 300 descendants

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is cool to know. Thanks for sharing!

Comment

1830's for my family

Comment

Our ancestors, the Grays, came from Memphis in 1836. Took a boat to Galveston and ended up in Smithland. From the Ranger Museum I was able to get some info about which Company they were assigned to and some pay records. We built our ranch house on the Daniel Gray survey.

Comment

My ancestor . . Martin Varner . . Is the Varner in Varner/Hogg plantation . .
          Last edited by preaux40; 06-14-2022, 07:09 AM.

Comment

We're from the second colony of SFA.

Jesse Grimes - Senator of the Republic of Texas / Representative and Senator of the Texas Legislature / last signature on the Texas Declaration of Independence / Founder of Grimes County

Albert Calvin Grimes - Son of Jesse / murdered at the Alamo
            Last edited by RLB; 06-14-2022, 07:03 AM.

Comment

1858 is when we showed up

The Handbook of Texas is your number one authoritative source for Texas history. Read this entry and thousands more like it on our site.

Comment

Thomas Boatwright got here 1823.

Comment

Not old 300 but, my wife’s side got here in 1834 from Alabama and my side in 1838 from Tennessee.

Comment

Originally posted by Duane View Post
                    My in-law's family (John Matthews) arrived in 1827 and bought the land that was granted to Old Three Hundred member James Nelson two years earlier in what is now Colorado County. The community of Matthews is still on the map, and much of the land is still in the family, along with the original Spanish Land Grant signed by Stephen F Austin and Baron de Bastrop. So, my sons are not direct descendants of Old Three Hundreds, but their family was among the first settlers, and their family farm has been in continuous operation for 195 years now.

https://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/entries/matthews-tx
                    John Mathews was on Red Steagall's Cowboy Corner last Saturday. I think it was a Legends rerun and I don't know when it originally aired. What a fascinating story!

Comment

Here's the list of the 297 families.

Comment

my line goes back to the Grimes that came to fight for Texas in the revolution.

Comment

I guess we were a little late to the party, but we just traced everything to 1865 on the same property for our 150 year marker in the Texas Family Land Heritage Program.

I’m Generation 6 and we are raising Generation 7!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Preacher Man View Post
                            Not old 300 but, my wife’s side got here in 1834 from Alabama and my side in 1838 from Tennessee.
                            Similar - my earliest ancestor that I know of died in Shelby county texas in 1833. Moved from Alabama after his wife died in 1830.

Not old 300, just old east texas white trash lol

Comment

Originally posted by crxshooter View Post
                              Our ancestors, the Grays, came from Memphis in 1836. Took a boat to Galveston and ended up in Smithland. From the Ranger Museum I was able to get some info about which Company they were assigned to and some pay records. We built our ranch house on the Daniel Gray survey.
                              I’m a Gray as well. Probably not the same tree though, furthest back I know of settled in Duval county in 1836 from Auckland, England. They started up and ran one of the largest cattle ranches in south texas.

Comment

Not old 300 but John Sanders settled in San Augustine County in 1821.

Comment

Working...
                                X