No announcement yet.

Any Starlink Users getting service yet?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Went ahead and ordered the RV version, will hopefully have it next week. From my understanding it should work pretty much everywhere in TX but where it’s coming soon the connection could be slower than normal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by KLAPPER View Post
      Went ahead and ordered the RV version, will hopefully have it next week. From my understanding it should work pretty much everywhere in TX but where it’s coming soon the connection could be slower than normal.

Let us know how it works.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by RJK70 View Post
        Let us know how it works.

I sure will, I’ve been waiting for over a year to get it, we live in the middle of nowhere Jack Co and have been fighting with terrible satellite internet for years hopefully this will solve that issue

Comment

Any Starlink Users getting service yet?

Any idea how much slower?

We need to pick one up for camp. I’m hoping we can stream tv with it. We are halfway between Menard and Junction.

Last edited by Heath; 05-28-2022, 06:09 AM.

Comment

I got my RV Starlink in today super easy to get it going, the dish actually moves itself into position once it’s plugged in. We are technically outside of the service area where we live but we are still seeing 100+ mbps! Super happy so far!Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3996.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	39.8 KB
ID:	24685914

Comment

I got my RV Starlink in today super easy to get it going, the dish actually moves itself into position once it’s plugged in. We are technically outside of the service area where we live but we are still seeing 100+ mbps! Super happy so far![ATTACH]1091429[/ATTACH]

If you click on the map link from the email they sent out about the RV service are you located in a dark blue spot or an available spot?

Comment

Originally posted by erikm1981 View Post
                If you click on the map link from the email they sent out about the RV service are you located in a dark blue spot or an available spot?

We are in the waitlist area

Comment

I forgot to update. I got mine hooked up last week. It’s on top of a 50ft tower to get above the trees. Had over 150 mbps download and the upload speed was really good too. Easy to install apart from being on a tower. Works great so far.

Comment

I got my RV Starlink in today super easy to get it going, the dish actually moves itself into position once it’s plugged in. We are technically outside of the service area where we live but we are still seeing 100+ mbps! Super happy so far![ATTACH]1091429[/ATTACH]

Thats good to hear. Im thinking I may go this route in the next month or two if the regular service doesnt become available for me.

Comment

Feb 23 for me

Comment

Just placed my order for the RV system Monday, been waiting on their residential for over a year now.

How long was your in a "preparing shipment" status? All my install accessories are showing up tomorrow but the main system hasn't shipped.

Comment

Originally posted by SNKETR View Post
                          Just placed my order for the RV system Monday, been waiting on their residential for over a year now.

How long was your in a "preparing shipment" status? All my install accessories are showing up tomorrow but the main system hasn't shipped.

I got mine in a week and a half probably, used it in the RV for the first time and it worked great also

Comment

I got mine and took it out to Rocksprings, I work in software development so I can work now from the ranch! Price is expensive but it's a game changer.

Comment

pulling 180-240MBPS with 40ms latency

Comment

Just got mine (Starlink for RVs) installed on my house. Highest i've gotten is 159mbs, though i seem to get 70-100mbs most of the day. That's still about 3-4 times faster than Viasat ($200/mo). If it performs reliably over the next 30 days I'm cancelling Viasat.

Comment

Working...
                                X