Gold Tip Velocity arrow feedback

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gold Tip Velocity arrow feedback

Looking for some feedback from anyone that shoots or have shot the Velocity arrows from Gold Tip out of their single strings. I currently shoot the Vintage by Black Eagle and looking to switch for a few reason. Mainly because I'm a gap-point on shooter and the faux wood arrows seem to wash out on a lot of targets. Hoping the black GT arrows will be a little more crisp for aiming. And their considerably lighter. Right now I'm shooting 10.5gpp to almost 12gpp on the Vintage's with around 14% FOC. The GT's should be under 9gpp which, I'm hoping, will give me more options on weight up front than compared to the Black Eagle. Not to mention their considerably cheaper too.

How much weight forward you trying to get? I'm at 16%foc with 150 grain heads and 10.3 grains per inch arrows. I could trim them a bit and up the forward weight to get to 20%foc.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

16% to 18% would be nice. The Vintage I have are 34" with 150g tips and 14g inserts and to get more up front, it'll add to an already hefty arrow. I tried cutting them back to 30" and that helped get the gpp down to 9.5-11 (9.5 on my 400's for my 50# and 11 for my 600's on my high 30# bows if you're wondering why the range) but the foc only went up to 15.5-16.5%. So they were getting there but not much wiggle room at all and it change my POI pretty significantly. I think I can get down in the mid 8.5gpp with the GT's for 3D too and still have descent foc.

Comment

If it's just for 3D, nock yourself out. But if you're thinking about hunting, you may find the lighter gpi arrows break easier. They may not, but it's got to be considered as a possibility.

You could also just spray paint the last 6" of your vintages black.

Comment

Working...
        X