No announcement yet.

Who all still drives a Chevy OBS.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Man this makes me miss my old ‘94 gmc. I sold it with 250k miles and it was running strong.

Comment

Originally posted by 175gr7.62 View Post
      Everyone is posting pics of trucks that I consider new body style. 1988 is when things really changed. What is a 84 model if a 98 is an OBS?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Square body. My younger bro has a '78 SWB.

Comment

Originally posted by TRF455 View Post
        Not considered an OBS but here you go. This is a square body era. 87 model.
        Do you want to sell it???

Comment

Had an 86 that was almost identical.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

2000 Silverado 2500. Just put a new crate motor Vortex 6000 in it. She has 245,000 miles. We are getting ready to have her repainted and a new dash put in. I'll grab pics soon.

Comment

Originally posted by Chance Love View Post
              Do you want to sell it???
              No, I’ve had it for years and have slowly been fixing it up. It’s getting hard to find the 4x4 swb pickups as clean as this one, especially with EVERYTHING in working order. (Heat, a/c, four wheel drive... everything down to the clock in the gauge cluster.) Plus I promised my son, who is nearly 9, he can have it when he starts driving.

Comment

My all time favorite body style and man is this one a fine!

Comment

Another square body here. Bought this 86 in Big Spring and trailered it home as a project for my son and I when he was 14. We pulled it all apart, cleaned it up, upgraded lots of stuff like brakes and steering, put on a lift kit, had it painted and had it ready to go when he turned 16. It was a great project for us together, and he had plenty of sweat equity in it when complete. He was very proud. Highly recommend this kind of thing to spend time with your boy when not out hunting. Time goes too fast. He is 8 hrs away at college now and we get so little time together.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Texas Grown View Post
                    And I'm 64 yoa.
                    Sweet ride Mike.

Comment

Originally posted by Tmag View Post
                      Sweet ride Mike.

Thanks Tim! Hope to see you at Bownanza.

Comment

Originally posted by dropTopTx View Post
                        Another square body here. Bought this 86 in Big Spring and trailered it home as a project for my son and I when he was 14. We pulled it all apart, cleaned it up, upgraded lots of stuff like brakes and steering, put on a lift kit, had it painted and had it ready to go when he turned 16. It was a great project for us together, and he had plenty of sweat equity in it when complete. He was very proud. Highly recommend this kind of thing to spend time with your boy when not out hunting. Time goes too fast. He is 8 hrs away at college now and we get so little time together.
                        Wow! That is super nice! Love those boxy trucks.

Comment

I'm with you, those are the new style.
                          Missing the Point.

OBS is just a made up Internet Moniker. Same as the style/vintage you are referencing is a square body.

Comment

Originally posted by TreyRo View Post
                            Missing the Point.

OBS is just a made up Internet Moniker. Same as the style/vintage you are referencing is a square body.
                            Oh I got the point. My comment was just tongue-in cheek.

Comment

Oh I got the point. My comment was just tongue-in cheek.
                              Ha, I apparently didn't pick up on it.

Comment

Going to Bump this Back up...

I'm back to driving my 98 almost daily again and looking for another project since I sold my last 2 Door Tahoe.

Anybody have a running/driving 2 Door Tahoe or Reg Cab Truck they want to part with? Looking for another project with my kids. No rust buckets, 4x4 is a must. Prefer driveable. Other than that whatcha got?

Only picture I have of my 1998 handy. Needs paint but interior is 9/10 and run like a top. And would love to see pictures of other peoples as well.
                                Attached Files
                                Last edited by TreyRo; 03-11-2022, 01:36 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X