Can anyone beat USAA?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by texashunter View Post
    USAA may be a bit more expensive, but their service has always been excellent. Been with them for 35 years and never had a problem. To me its not worth switching.
    Usaa for 20 + years and we always have excellent service on all our claims
    And the banking is excellent, to me I haven’t even considered shopping around

Comment

We switched from USAA after being with them for 20+ years. Saved $2800/yr.

Comment

I’ve been a USAA member for 34 years. We have our home owners policy through them. But they couldn’t touch Geico on the auto side. So we switched recently saving $1200.00 a year. Geico has been excellent no complaints. My last few claims through USAA weren’t so good. They’re banking side has been excellent.

Comment

I had two vehicles full coverage with usaa for years got tired of rate hikes every 6 months. There are cheaper ways to go

Comment

I handle about five insurance claims every day of my life, and have for years and years, as well as appraisals and litigated claims as an expert witness.

I’ve seen no rate savings that would make me switch from USAA.

They are far from perfect, but when you see the claims service from these other companies....it’s just not worth it.

Comment

Got a quote from USSA and they would have beat our auto by $3 a month, but they were higher on the home insurance, so it would have cancelled out any savings. Then went with Ameriprise through Costco and we're saving about $2,400 this year on home and auto combined. We have a 2016 Ram 1500 Lonestar, 2014 Lexus ES 350 and 97 Chevy C1500 FWIW.

Comment

We had USAA for a long time. Thought I'd never switch because their customer service is awesome. Farm bureau beat their cost by so much I had to switch

Comment

20 years ago they we're a great deal but wouldn't let me join even though I am a combat vet of the Gulf war. After they relaxed their qualifications their prices have went up considerably.

Comment

There are more than a couple that I’ve seen. Everyone I know that has usaa currently, complains about their prices these days.

Sierracharlie out…

Comment

I was with USAA for over 20 years for all kinds of stuff. Some years back they started getting where they couldn't compete on loans most of the time and then I found out how bad they were boning me on our insurance policies and switched to GIECO(with which I've been pleased for the last 3 years). I have a small VPP policy with USAA still and my only credit card because the interest rate is 7.99% which ain't bad for a credit card. Other than that, I've all but left USAA in the dust. Their customer service is hard to beat IMO. But, pretty much everybody can beat the pants off of 'em for everything else.

Comment

Make sure you are comparing apples to apples when looking between insurance policies.

Comment

We left USAA a year and a half ago and went to Germania. We are saving over $2000/year between homeowners and auto (with 2 adults, a teenage driver and 3 vehicles).
                          We also have a little better coverage now as well.

Comment

Lots of companies can beat usaa

Comment

USAA is not the company that it once was.Service is horrible now, the banking is worse!!! I beat them all the time!! Saved a couple $1400 per year today on home and auto. I've been a USAA member since 1975 when my father added me... left them in 2016 when I finally realized they were crooks. Ohhhh and Allstate is a great company!! I have 2 of their agents as my customers
                              Semper Fi!!

Comment

Working...
                              X