Asf/Lamco Hybrid feeder build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kmack View Post
    Did you have to have the round plates made?

I like how this turned out!
    Yes I had a guy with a cnc plasma cutter make them for me. Smooth cut and also had them cut the hole to go over the funnel.
    Last edited by KingsX; 07-01-2022, 03:36 PM.

Comment

Asf/Lamco Hybrid feeder build

This is what the feeder was years ago for reference. I still have one with a timed unit in it now. I like the feeders a lot but it sure looks like the way to go nowadays is shorter to the ground and one day a feed trailer

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

This is a allseason timed unit if anyone was curious for a free choice to timed conversion. Pretty straight forward on how to mount it in the clean out box portion of the tube system. Pretty slick unit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

I was in a similar boat. I like the Lamco Low n Throw that I have, but it's hard to justify $1200 for some sheet metal. A previous hunter left two 1500# Krivoman-style protein feeders with rusted spouts. I cut them down and turned them into my attempt at a Lamco. The main difference is I put the motor under the bottom plate.

Comment

Originally posted by aggieman12 View Post
            I was in a similar boat. I like the Lamco Low n Throw that I have, but it's hard to justify $1200 for some sheet metal. A previous hunter left two 1500# Krivoman-style protein feeders with rusted spouts. I cut them down and turned them into my attempt at a Lamco. The main difference is I put the motor under the bottom plate.

Comment

Man those are bad ***. Great job. I need to build a shop and learn how to weld.

Comment

That's a nice set up Jeremy

Comment

how much gap did you set your plates apart? Currently working on a build right now. Doing a similar setup but using a spin tech internal motor so that nothing is exposed.

Comment

Originally posted by chewy View Post
                    how much gap did you set your plates apart? Currently working on a build right now. Doing a similar setup but using a spin tech internal motor so that nothing is exposed.
                    2” gap. That’s what Lamco does so I just did the same.
                    30” across the round plates.

Comment

Man ole man...top notch stuff Jeremy. Should last a good long time. That shop looks great! Nice to have a place to do simple projects huh? Well done sir!

Comment

Great work and thanks for the details. I have been looking to make something like this.

Comment

Working...
                        X