Simple Backstrap Recipe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Simple Backstrap Recipe

Can you offer up a simple recipe for a backstrap that is not wrapped in bacon, stuffed or fried?

Tacos. Cube it up, pan fry, and serve in a tortilla.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Salt, pepper and high heat in a cast iron skillet with a little oil. If they are cut into steaks that is.

Comment

Brine it and grill.

1 small bottle soy sauce
        1/2 cup brown sugar
        1/2 cup water
        Tablespoon sea salt or smoked salt
        Tablespoon course black pepper
        Teaspoon of crushed red pepper

Brine at least 12 hours. Grill on high heat, turning frequently until internal temp is 120-125.

Comment

Pic
          Attached Files

Comment

We just season a big chunk with Uncle Chris's steak seasoning (or whatever your favorite steak seasoning mix is) and throw it on a very hot grill. Anything past medium rare is overcooked in my opinion but to each his own.

We cook it like this once a week or so and the whole family loves it.
            Last edited by kingfisher_jr; 01-09-2021, 09:51 AM. Reason: correct spelling

Comment

Salt pepper roasted in oven like a beef tenderloin

Comment

Originally posted by TxMedic View Post
                Pic
                looks great. Does it shrink when the fire hits it?

Comment

Another vote for seasoning with just salt and pepper. Can also grill steaks to medium rare. Easy and delicious!

Comment

Originally posted by mikeyb_23 View Post
                    Salt, pepper and high heat in a cast iron skillet with a little oil. If they are cut into steaks that is.
                    How thick do you cut them? Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by kingfisher_jr View Post
                      We just season a big chunk with Uncle Chris's steak seasoning (or whatever your favorite steak seasoning mix is) and throw it on a very hot grill. Anything past medium rare is overcooked in my opinion but to each his own.

We cook it like this once a week or so and the whole family loves it.
                      I think I will be cooking two big servings. Do you cook two of the sides or all four? Thank you

Comment

Originally posted by HogCommander View Post
                        Another vote for seasoning with just salt and pepper. Can also grill steaks to medium rare. Easy and delicious!
                        Thanks. I will be grilling them. I use a family made seasoning on all my meats. For some reason, salt and pepper doesn't go far enough for me.

Comment

Originally posted by SaintBlaise View Post
                          How thick do you cut them? Thanks
                          I think they are best around 3/4 or a 1 inch thick, you can get a good crust and not overcook them. If they have just a little purple-ish look in the middle that's the best to me.

Comment

Trim the silverskin and most of the fat, tenderize if you want, marinate 2 hours in Italian dressing, add salt/pepper/garlic powder, and charcoal grill (sear) for just a couple minutes per side. I like to add hickory chips to the far side of the fire to make it nice and smoky. Medium is burnt, as there’s barely any fat in deer meat to keep it moist.

Comment

Tag

From my Make Believe World

Comment

Working...
                              X