F150 fuse problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

F150 fuse problem

My 2005 F150 keeps blowing #14 fuse over and over. The colder the weather, the quicker it blows when I start my truck. It started happening last winter. Didn’t have an issue all summer, but as soon as weather started getting cold, it happens again and again. This causes the warning lights for brake and ABS to illuminate and cruise control and AC to stop working. My backup sensor also stops working. Has anyone experienced this with fuse #14 and what caused it? I’m sure it will cost an arm and a leg to get diagnosed and fixed at a repair shop. Any input is appreciated.

Thanks
    Last edited by Dr. Evil; 01-11-2021, 06:03 PM.

May be stating the obvious, but there’s gotta be a short in the wiring somewhere

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Check if they have a relocation kit like they have for the fuel pump fuse. If you have change it, I would do it while your at it. Basically goes from a small fuse to a larger one.

Comment

Originally posted by Budman68 View Post
        Check if they have a relocation kit like they have for the fuel pump fuse. If you have change it, I would do it while your at it. Basically goes from a small fuse to a larger one.
        I’m confused. Who is “they” and what is a relocation kit?

Comment

You really need a wiring diagram and then, look at what components that get power from that fuse. Then work on figuring out what is the most likely to be the culprit.

Comment

Fuse 14 goes to numerous things but a problem we see alot is the wiring to the ac switch on the pass side by the battery and ac lines. There a couple of harness that rube through right around the battery and ac lines. Look real close in that area and you will probably see it. Other area is the harness that goes down to the trans on the pass side can fall and melt on the exhaust. Check that as well.

Comment

They is referring to ford. 2011 to 2014 have fuel pump fuses burn up in the box. There is a relocation kit to relocate the fuse to a differ spot with less of a load. As far as your 05. Im not aware of a relocation kit

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

Comment

If you pm me your vin number I can send you wiring diagrams

Comment

Originally posted by silentstalker92 View Post
                  If you pm me your vin number I can send you wiring diagrams

PM sent

Comment

Didn't know how to pm them

Comment

Wow they look terrible... how do i clear them up?

Comment

Can you email them to me?

Comment

Working...
                        X