Quail recipes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quail recipes

Does anyone have a good grilled or baked quail recipe?

I have been cooking them on my pellet smoker lately. With skin still on (plucked), I've been dusting them with Perini's steak seasoning and then smoking them 'til they're done. Time varies with temp setting. When I have time, I'll use lower temp. But they're not large, so it doesn't take terribly long to get them cooked. EXCELLENT

Comment

The most simplistic version I like is a little olive oil, salt and pepper over mesquite as an appetizer while doing steaks.

Comment

Crumpled Ritz cracker and butter base in a glass dish. Lay the birds on that. Top with more cracker/butter/salt/pepper. When they’re almost done in the oven, lay on the Parmesan cheese. Your welcome.

Comment

I took 4 whole birds and stuffed them with a stove topper stuffing mix with diced yellow squash and baked them

Comment

Pan sear the legs in butter, Tony’s, and old bay. Thank me later

Comment

Favorite bbq rub and glaze with honey. My son loves it. Grill over coals

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I grill them with a little cancers seasoning and raspberry chipotle glaze

Comment

Bacon and onion. Bake or smoke.
                  If you like baked with rice try this.
                  1 cup rice
                  1 can cream of mushroom
                  1 can cream of chicken
                  1 can cream of celery
                  1 cup water
                  Stir and lay quail or doves in mixture and bake at 350 for 1 hr.
                  You can use chicken breasts in place of birds if you shoot like me.

Comment

Originally posted by brokeno View Post
                    Bacon and onion. Bake or smoke.
                    If you like baked with rice try this.
                    1 cup rice
                    1 can cream of mushroom
                    1 can cream of chicken
                    1 can cream of celery
                    1 cup water
                    Stir and lay quail or doves in mixture and bake at 350 for 1 hr.
                    You can use chicken breasts in place of birds if you shoot like me.
                    Sounds tasty and easy, will try this one, thanks for posting.

Comment

I like to marinate in Italian dressing and then rinse off and add poultry seasoning or montreal chicken and finish on the grill. Yummy!

Comment

I season mine with Chupacabra and brush on some raspberry chipotle. I sometimes wrap them in bacon but I do the same season and raspberry chipotle. I always cook them over a mesquite fire.
                        Last edited by IvoryRoot; 01-10-2021, 01:39 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by MAP View Post
                          I took 4 whole birds and stuffed them with a stove topper stuffing mix with diced yellow squash and baked them

Oh my that sounds tasty sir

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                          X