No announcement yet.

Llano County rut?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I haven't seen any rutting activity at our place. Does are coming to feeders and not being bothered by bucks.
    I think bucks are cruising looking for does but have not seen any chasing or fighting going on.

Comment

Got a nice 12 point this morning. Gonna try and thin out some hogs tomorrow hopefully. Have killed two hogs last two days and seen hogs on every hunt.
      Attached Files

Comment

Got home today. Saw a few bucks chasing but still hasn’t fired up in Llano yet. I did Kill 4 hogs and saw hogs on every sit. Good luck to everyone hunting in this cooler weather.

Comment

We are headed back to Llano County Sunday afternoon to hunt a few days before Thanksgiving. Everyone will be gone and it should be nice and quiet!

Comment

Originally posted by 03GruntUSMC View Post
            Got a nice 12 point this morning. Gonna try and thin out some hogs tomorrow hopefully. Have killed two hogs last two days and seen hogs on every hunt.

Nice buck love the dark chocolate antlers

Comment

Congrats!

Comment

That was a good looking deer. It was good seeing you again. Kill every dang pig you see. We are covered up out here.

Comment

Congrats on the "12" ! I sure like them dark horns !!!

Comment

Any update from this past weekend, anybody?

Comment

Saturday and Sunday they were chasing. I had three bucks at the feeder and a young doe showed up. The two spikes didn’t even look at her , but the eight saw her and the chase began. Had a couple of bucks check the feeder and move on.

Comment

I finally get to make it out for the first time this year tomorrow. Hope they are chasing in Llano County!!

Comment

I was there Sunday evening and Monday morning. There is no question some of the does are hot, but I can't tell if I missed the main rut or it's just starting. I'd have a few young bucks at the feeder together with a bunch of does, and then another doe would walk up and BLAM, the bucks would drop their noses and run her off. But the bucks were getting along for the most part - maybe because I have a massive population of does and it's just not that competitive?

In summary: I saw some light chasing and actually shot a big buck that was seemingly following a doe, but the action wasn't very intense.

Comment

Thanks for the update. I figured I would be on the back side of the rut but any action is better than no action.

Comment

no rattling response but saw three different bucks tailing after does last weekend. 7 mi south of llano.

Comment

I spend alot of days in the stand in San Saba. Mature bucks were locked down on mature does last week. When it is on you will not see them. Peak rut is now through Thanksgiving. I saw rutting bucks with does all along the road from Llano to SS.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X