Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any of you former Marines serve under James Mattie?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any of you former Marines serve under James Mattie?

Looks like Trump has nominated General James Mattis for Secretary of Defense. As a military history buff I know a little about him - not a lot - but everything I've read about him over the years is really impressive. Seems like the perfect man for the job. Several of his quotes that make me pump my fist:

Find the enemy that wants to end this experiment in American democracy and kill every one of them until they’re so sick of the killing that they leave us and our freedoms intact.

The first time you blow someone away is not an insignificant event. That said, there are some *******s in the world that just need to be shot. There are hunters and there are victims. By your discipline, you will decide if you are a hunter or a victim.

This statement is for all American warriors, not just Marines. For the mission’s sake, for our country’s sake, and the sake of the men who carried the colors in past battles — “who fought for life and never lost their nerve” — carry out your mission and keep your honor clean. Demonstrate to the world there is “No Better Friend — No Worse Enemy” than a US Marine.
    Last edited by jerp; 12-01-2016, 07:27 PM.

I thought they decided General Mattis wasn't going to be up for a position.

Comment

Heard he is getting it. Very bad day for our enemies....

Comment

I didn't serve directly under General Mattis, but was in while he was in the running for Commandant. He is a God among men. Very few military members, dead or alive, are held in such high esteem as Gen Mattis. Prepare for our military to go back to being the strongest fighting force in the world. But also be prepared for more troops in more conflicts. He is not one to sit idly by when he can send a couple battalions to fix a problem.

Comment

Sounds like a good SOB to me.

Comment

I Would bet if/when troops are sent into combat during his tenure, they will get all the support requested/needed as well.

Comment

He sounds like a good choice to me. We need some backbone like that these days.

Comment

I support this choice.

Comment

John, you know THERE AIN'T NO SUCH THING AS A "FORMER" MARINE!!!

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
                    John, you know THERE AIN'T NO SUCH THING AS A "FORMER" MARINE!!!
                    Wrong. The correct term is former Marine. There is no such thing as an ex-Marine.
                    Last edited by Bullseye07; 12-01-2016, 08:51 PM.

Comment

My son in law is Army and we discussed the General last week. He was pumped to have a man like this for the position. His quotes are classic and amazing. Look them up if you haven't read them.

Comment

Originally posted by Bullseye07 View Post
                        Wrong. The correct term is former Marine. There is no such thing as an ex-Marine.
                        Oh yea, that's right... I stand corrected!

Comment

We were in kuwait during desert storm at the same time. He was in charge of 1st batt 7th marines. I believe they took kuwait city near the airport. I was with 3rd batt. 5th marines. We went up the coast and through the burgan oil fields. He had a reputation as an azz kicker back then.

Semper Fidelis
                          Nemo me impune lacessit
                          Luminarium ex obscurum

Comment

My first deployment to Iraq in 2005 he spoke to us our first week in country. He was motivating as hell and had us wanting to slay bodies. Never was directly under him, but he seemed to be a Marine's Marine more than a company man. He will make a great SecDef.

Comment

He is a very serious man that will leave you with no doubt that he is in it to win it. With that being said it also appears that Trump is in this whole thing to really make a difference and to make a statement.
                              I like it.[emoji106]

Comment

Working...
                              X