Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

South Tx Monkey

Y’all see this email from TX Fish & Game? Pretty interesting

A couple of years ago we ran a story about a hunter seeing a feral monkey in Texas and it garnered a tremendous amount of interest. There exists an area in the South Texas Plains near Dilley where …

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

New invention idea: "Monkey Hoods!"

Comment

Yup, look up Nolan Ryan's you tube video on his encounter.

Comment

Been down there for awhile now

Comment

I just read that. When I got done I wondered where the paragraph was talking about how the monkey got blowed off the feeder leg or at least a pic of the mount?

Comment

Snow monkey.

Comment

Are they legal to shoot? Do they taste like chicken?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

They have been there a long time and the crap thing is, you can’t kill them!!

Comment

Originally posted by RLUM View Post
                  They have been there a long time and the crap thing is, you can’t kill them!!

Who says?

Wonder if there good at keeping coons away?

Comment

Sss...............

Comment

Originally posted by Jen-Man View Post
                      Who says?
                      TPWD did a few years ago. Not sure if its changed since the last thread.

"At least initially, the Texas Parks and Wildlife Department agreed, saying there was nothing in state or federal law forbidding the shooting of feral macaques, because they were classified as an "exotic unprotected species" – as in, you can make a game of shooting them any time you want. It wasn't true – as research animals belonging to the observatory, they were protected in the same way privately owned cattle are protected, even if they escape their ranches. But the TPWD was slow in clarifying the situation, and the damage was done in terms of perceiving the monkeys as fair game – just before the opening of the 1995 hunting season. "

A brief open season on monkeys resulted in protections for them in the Lone Star State
                      Last edited by BlackHogDown; 08-21-2019, 07:15 AM.

Comment

Yeah after reading some more, I don’t know how I haven’t heard about this. Got buddies with ranches pretty dang close

Comment

Nobody is looking for (now) feral monkeys. I'm not sure I'd shoot one as it'd be kind of cool to have around, but if they became a problem in any way...

I'd shoot one.

Comment

I still remember a story I read on here years ago -

A guy had just climbed into his elevated box stand with his rifle. It was still dark out. He felt someone climbing the ladder and then tried to open the door. He yelled go away, I got a gun! He was scared it was a drug dealer or hyped up illegal. The banging on the door increased and he thought the perp was going t break in. He yelled again and added that he would shoot through the door. The perp kept it up so he shot through the door. Then he opened it and there laid a large monkey, maybe orangutan. He was scared ... "empty"!

Comment

Had a lease in Dilly tx. We had them. Kinda like pigs they come and go,

Comment

Working...
                              X