Stick Burner or Pellet Grill???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stick Burner or Pellet Grill???

I need a new smoker and can't decide off set stick burner or pellet grill.
    GO!

Originally posted by Lonewolf View Post
    I need a new smoker and can't decide off set stick burner or pellet grill.
    GO!
    The versatility of a pellet grill is just too valuable to me. I use mine two three times per week

Comment

Originally posted by TexanDuke View Post
      The versatility of a pellet grill is just too valuable to me. I use mine two three times per week
      I agree. Used a stick burner most of my life. Switched to pellet smoker and never looked back. It sure is nice not having to watch my temp all night like i used to. I probably use mine 2-3 times a week.

Comment

Egg style grill . Kamado Big Joe.
        Can go low and slow or Hot for awesome T Bones .
        And will last two life times.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

Comment

I have both and won’t get rid of either. My only gripe about the pellet is lack of flavor that I can get on my offset. It is nice to just flip the switch and have the grill ready in around 15 minutes though.

Comment

Originally posted by CSanders View Post
            I have both and won’t get rid of either. My only gripe about the pellet is lack of flavor that I can get on my offset. It is nice to just flip the switch and have the grill ready in around 15 minutes though.
            I'm with him.

Versatility of an ez bake is nice but you're not gonna get the smoke flavor from one like a stick burner. I've had food off rec tec,traegar, camp chef and green mountain. And yes, with smoke tubes. Actually about to put some ribs on my pellet now.

That said I'll be looking for something for the fish camp. either a stick burner or an egg style soon. Probably end up stick burner cause I want it large enough for 4 or 5 chickens or 2 briskets.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
              I'm with him.

Versatility of an ez bake is nice but you're not gonna get the smoke flavor from one like a stick burner. I've had food off rec tec,traegar, camp chef and green mountain. And yes, with smoke tubes. Actually about to put some ribs on my pellet now.

That said I'll be looking for something for the fish camp. either a stick burner or an egg style soon. Probably end up stick burner cause I want it large enough for 4 or 5 chickens or 2 briskets.

The Big Joe will hold that especially if you add a rack and stack
              They also have a rotisserie.

Comment

BGE all day every day. IF I was doing large amounts of food it would be a stick burner, but for me and my wife and occasional friends our large Big Green Egg does it all.

Comment

Thanks for input .

Comment

I have a stick burner (really large) and now a Life Safe pellet grill. Like others have said it seems the pellets don't get quite the flavor, except for mesquite, that the stick burner does. That said I have not used my pellet grill as much as I would like but it sure makes for a tasty briquette. My Life Smart (bit of an off brand) is a no frills but it will hold the temperature very precise. Pellet grills are easy to use.

Comment

If you get a pellet grill they will question your manhood on here. . I have an electric.

Comment

Originally posted by BigThicketBoy View Post
                        The Big Joe will hold that especially if you add a rack and stack
                        They also have a rotisserie.

6 whole chickens?

Comment

Not again [emoji31][emoji31][emoji31]

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
                            6 whole chickens?

Ok maybe five,[emoji16] guess it depends on the size of the chickens.
                            Probably not the ones from the spirit world [emoji57]

Comment

My 700 Bull has been the best purchase I’ve in a long time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X