No announcement yet.

My Twins need help from the brotherhood

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is your son around the bcs area now and wanting to stay around? There are quite a few jobs in construction I would think. Also the place I work at will be hiring at some point. It is shift work. But they try to promote from within and are decent on pay for the area.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Thanks for the leads guys. Keep them coming.

Comment

ttt for ya

Comment

My Twins need help from the brotherhood

I also forgot to mention that you are about 100 to the north or the south of a tstc . Tstc in Waco has a linemen program where after 9 months of class the companies are hiring students paying them big money . I also know a guy who got a two year degree in instrumentation started out making 90k a year at 19 years old. Just some food for thought.

Comment

When I was at A&M I worked as a lifeguard at the rec center on campus. No prior experience was required when I was there and they offered free training to those who needed it. They were also very flexible with class schedules, and I don't believe you had to be an A&M student to work there either.

Comment

Thanks guys. My daughter got a job today and is on cloud 9.

Comment

Awesome!! Congratulations to the young lady.

Comment

Congrats to the daughter! We have twin boys and they are full time
                  Mine are juniors in high school and have no idea what they want to do when it comes time to go to college. Sounds like you are doing a great job!

Comment

Originally posted by dustoffer View Post
                    Interesting that the San Antonio paper today had an article about the shortage of construction workers to the tune of 300-500k needed.
                    I had no idea when I retired I created that much of a drain
                    Blue-collar jobs are where it is at. Big shortage of folks who can work with their hands well.

OP has your son looked at any Apprenticeship programs for various trades?
                    Congrats on your daughter getting a job.

Comment

Originally posted by Tony Pic View Post
                      I had no idea when I retired I created that much of a drain

Blue-collar jobs are where it is at. Big shortage of folks who can work with their hands well.

OP has your son looked at any Apprenticeship programs for various trades?

Congrats on your daughter getting a job.

It’s funny you should ask. We were talking yesterday and I asked him if he had ever thought about learning a trade and he immediately said Electrician.
                      I have been in Safety for over 20 years and he had said he wanted to do that. I asked him why he had never mentioned electrician and he said he thought I wanted him to go into safety. I’ve got to go out of state next week but he is contacting some electrical companies already.

Comment

Try Helibacon in Bryan. They could probably use help cleaning weapons, the helicopter, admin, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Tex View Post
                          It’s funny you should ask. We were talking yesterday and I asked him if he had ever thought about learning a trade and he immediately said Electrician.
                          I have been in Safety for over 20 years and he had said he wanted to do that. I asked him why he had never mentioned electrician and he said he thought I wanted him to go into safety. I’ve got to go out of state next week but he is contacting some electrical companies already.

I know Unions are in bed with nutjob politicians, but aside from their politics. The IBEW is where it is at if you want to be an Electrician. I am sure you can learn well with nonunion shops just as well. Almost always you learn the most with smaller shops. Union or nonunion. I have worked on both sides of the fence. So let me say this. I would no way, no how, have what I have today if it was not for the union job I retired from. Hated the politics. Loved the work. Keep your head low, take their money and when you go into the voting booth, vote who you want to vote for. Almost always union construction jobs are in and around big cities. I see you are close to Austin.
                          A link to Local 520 Austin.
                          The International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers Local 520 is a labor union representing electrical workers in Austin, Texas.

Comment

Thanks everyone for the tips and leads. Both of the twins now have jobs. My daughter isn’t getting as many hours as she would like but she has a couple more interviews within the week so fingers crossed.

Comment

Working...
                            X