DIY Mule Pro MX bench seat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DIY Mule Pro MX bench seat

Well, after getting the new ride, I knew I’d eventually need some sort of rear seat and though I have contacted a great member on here for an aluminum one......I needed something simple for the weekend. I decided to use some scrap wood and run to the hardware store for some eye bolts, then amazon a set of boat swivels and seats. The swivels I got in the mail today but I’m waiting on the seats to arrive. I’ve got a couple of latches for the seats for when you don’t want them swiveling. Here’s what I got so far. Perfect height to shoot/see over the roof or turn the seats backward for whatever.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Ok. Stained the wood and that’s pretty much it.

Comment

I like it.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Fangman View Post
        I like it.

Thank you. I searched for DIY rear seats and didn’t find a darn thing I could do without a welder. Really needed something temporary until I made enough cash to have one built. It’s tall enough to see over the roof and still low enough that you don’t feel like you’ll fall out while driving (we tried lol). Cooler fits right underneath too!

Comment

You may want to look into adding some gussets to help that side to side movement. I built one out of wood too and it's crazy solid, but I probably overkilled it a bit since I knew kids would be on mine.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Sticks&Strings View Post
            You may want to look into adding some gussets to help that side to side movement. I built one out of wood too and it's crazy solid, but I probably overkilled it a bit since I knew kids would be on mine.

Originally I was but while I was at the hardware store I got those steel brackets I bolted on. Pretty solid with them on but yeah. If it wiggles around I’ll throw a couple on.

Comment

Originally posted by Sticks&Strings View Post

Can you post a pic?

Comment

Originally posted by BosqueTech View Post
                Can you post a pic?
                I will tomorrow

Comment

Not the best pics. Seat is now about 3 years old and showing some wear, but it is super stout. 3" screws, lag bolts, glue, caulk, and 2x material

Comment

I just bumped my old thread with build pics.

Comment

8 bags o corn make great seats!

Comment

Working...
                      X