Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Recommendations for a new vacuum sealer.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My original Food Saver has served me well. It's been having a few issues the last couple of times I've used it, but I'm overdue for an update. Any more feedback from those that might have picked up new models for Christmas?
    My Flickr Photos

Comment

I just bought the Cabela's 15" pro model. They were 25% off may still be. Only sealed three things so far and I like it. It does take up a lot of counter space though so you need a big area to use as a work space.

Comment

Guys if you want to save yourself time/money and aggravation don't by a vac sealer- get a chambered sealer. Mine will crush a can and there is zero air left in the bag. Your sealing comes out with little chance of spoilage. No air and your product is fresh when you take it out to eat. It will be similar to the small tuna steaks you see in the seafood area of grocery stores.

Comment

Originally posted by glen View Post
          Guys if you want to save yourself time/money and aggravation don't by a vac sealer- get a chambered sealer. Mine will crush a can and there is zero air left in the bag. Your sealing comes out with little chance of spoilage. No air and your product is fresh when you take it out to eat. It will be similar to the small tuna steaks you see in the seafood area of grocery stores.
          I was really impressed with the one yall were using on the tuna trip. What I really liked was that it wouldn't pull liquids out of the bag which messes up the sealing on traditional models.

Comment

Originally posted by glen View Post
            Originally posted by WhiplashTX View Post
            I was really impressed with the one yall were using on the tuna trip. What I really liked was that it wouldn't pull liquids out of the bag which messes up the sealing on traditional models.
            Which model?

Sausage weekend is looming

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
              Which model?

I'm not sure which one Glen has but it is awesome! I've got a ton of fish in my freezer sealed by it! I need to buy one myself.

Comment

Originally posted by doug View Post
                I'm not sure which one Glen has but it is awesome! I've got a ton of fish in my freezer sealed by it! I need to buy one myself.
                Yea..I'm done with the 2 I've got. 5 or 6 packages and the cabelas is ok. Same with the food saver. But if you want to do a bunch it's a nut kick keeping the tray dry

Comment

Which model?

Vacmaster vp215 is what I have. Have had it three or four years and have been very happy with it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by BURTONboy View Post
                    Vacmaster vp215 is what I have. Have had it three or four years and have been very happy with it.

X2

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

I have a VacPackIt. Bought it off Webstraunt supply online. Paid about $600 for it. It is a chambered unit. I don’t think it matters as long as it is a chambered unit and not a vac unit

Comment

I’m still using an older Food Saver.

I ran into a problem where it would run the vacuum forever, but wouldn’t seal.

The simple solution was to replace the foam gaskets, which is relatively cheap, or to soak the old gaskets in water before sealing.

Comment

Originally posted by BURTONboy View Post

x3

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Vacmaster is great. Make sure to get the model that has the oil cooled pump. On sausage making day you can over heat the air cooled model. I love mine. Can even vac pack soup or gumbo or water to make block ice.

Comment

With just a few minutes of research it appears the vac pac it has same features as the vp215 and is 160 cheaper. Both have 1/4 hp oil cooled pumps and 10 1/4 seal bars

Comment

With just a few minutes of research it appears the vac pac it has same features as the vp215 and is 160 cheaper. Both have 1/4 hp oil cooled pumps and 10 1/4 seal bars
                                I'm thinking about this one. I think it's the same one Glen has. Our last tuna trip we probably sealed over 100 bags and all were perfect!

Seal ingredients for storage or pre-cooked portions of food for later use with this VacPak-It VMC10OP chamber vacuum packaging machine with a 10 1/4" seal bar. This powerful chamber vacuum packaging machine quickly seals each bag in 6 seconds or less and completely vacuums out the air in 20 to 40 seconds. This not only ensures efficiency, but a reliable, secure seal after every use.

Controls are designed for ultra-simple use, with arrow buttons to increase or decrease the duration of the seal or vacuum process. The digital controls also have a bright, easy-to-read display to show the vacuum pressure. This makes the unit's performance and progress easy to monitor, as does the built-in pressure gauge. Since the lid is transparent, you can even watch the vacuum packaging process first-hand.

To deliver a long-lasting product, the unit is equipped with an oil pump that's both easy to check and easy to refill as needed. It's tested for up to 200,000 cycles too, so you can be sure that the machine is a great investment for your business. The 304 series stainless steel body is an additional perk, as it won't corrode or rust from the accidental spill or leak. This particular model requires a 120V electrical connection for operation.

Overall Dimensions:
                                Width: 13"
                                Depth: 19"
                                Height: 11 3/8"

Chamber Dimensions:
                                Width: 11 1/4"
                                Depth: 15 1/4"
                                Height: 5"
                                Seal Bar Length: 10 1/4"
                                Capacity: 0.12 cu. ft.

Comment

Working...