I need some new Flemish Twist strings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I need some new Flemish Twist strings

Both of my trad bows are in need of new strings. It's been a while since I've replaced strings, and I completely lost my contact info book in my last cross-country move.

Any recommendations on a great bowstring maker? I've tried making my own. That was a disaster. Ended up with several jacked up bowstrings, and I'm now stuck with a stringboard, three spools of B500 and a wax cake!

All the best,
    Glenn

I have Hunters Choice strings on several of my bows. Daniel makes an excellent string.

Comment

Tenring strings

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Phillip Fields View Post
        I have Hunters Choice strings on several of my bows. Daniel makes an excellent string.

http://hcbstrings.com/
        Easy to navigate website. Thank you. I just ordered two strings from him.

Kinda nervous seeing that he uses 12 strand padded to 14. Both of the bows I am replacing strings on had 14 strand. Any issues with that? Both are non-FF strings.

Thanks again for the recommendation.

All the best,
        Glenn

Comment

Originally posted by Dkincaid View Post
          Tenring strings

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          Thanks. I'm hoping I'll like the strings I just ordered. But if not, I'll give them a look as well.

All the best,
          Glenn

Comment

Originally posted by cajuntec View Post
            Easy to navigate website. Thank you. I just ordered two strings from him.

Kinda nervous seeing that he uses 12 strand padded to 14. Both of the bows I am replacing strings on had 14 strand. Any issues with that? Both are non-FF strings.

Thanks again for the recommendation.

All the best,

Glenn
            May need to tweak your brace height a tad.

Gary

Comment

Those strings you ordered from Daniel should work just fine.

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Keep practicing with your string board and b50. Watch the youtube video from bearpaw (well, i think it is bearpaw. it is a foreign chick). It is easy to follow along. Then when the strings you ordered need replaced you will have some ready. Good luck!

Comment

Originally posted by RJH1 View Post
                  Keep practicing with your string board and b50. Watch the youtube video from bearpaw (well, i think it is bearpaw. it is a foreign chick). It is easy to follow along. Then when the strings you ordered need replaced you will have some ready. Good luck!
                  That was SO much better than the video I purchased. Close ups of her hands showed me exactly what I was doing wrong / misunderstanding. For those wanting to see the one (I think this is the one RJH1 was talking about), I found it here:

I need to modify my string board a bit. Or just buy one from them! She used hers for multiple functions, which makes things easier. Thank you so much for mentioning Bearpaw.

All the best,
                  Glenn

Comment

^^^ Yep that is the video. I had seen a couple of other ones that i couldn't make heads or tails of, then stumbled across that one. I built a board like theirs and started making my own strings. I ain't a pro, but I make all my own strings now and they seem to work fine.

Comment

Working...
                    X