Election Day - school boards

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Election Day - school boards

While not a huge election day, today is election day for many local areas including San Antonio and Austin suburbs. Texas Values put out an election guide for all of these. Since turnout is usually low on these your vote will be weighted.

Here's the email I got:
    TODAY is Election Day for many local governments across Texas - please make plans to vote, if you have not already. Most polls will be open from 7AM until 7 PM.

It is important to elect principled pro-family, pro-life leaders in local governments across Texas. Without the right leaders in local positions of power, our values will not be upheld.

Texas Values Action makes select, targeted local endorsements and has issued the following endorsements:

San Antonio City Council, Place 9: Patrick Von Dohlen

Cedar Park City Council, Place 1: Dorian Chavez

Cedar Park City Council, Place 3: Claudia Chavez

Mayor of Leander: Troy Hill

Mayor of Shavano Park: M.J. Smoot

Mayor of Plano: Lily Bao

Plano City Council, Place 2: Anthony Ricciardelli

We are also excited that School Board Election Voter Guides are available in 20 Texas school districts with research and evaluations of over 160 school board candidates, powered by iVoterGuide. A voter guide for the special election in Texas Congressional District 6 is also available.

The school districts covered, which represent over one million students, include:

Arlington
    Boerne
    Carroll
    Comal
    Dallas
    Denton
    Dripping Springs
    El Paso
    Fort Bend
    Fort Worth
    Frisco
    H-E-B (Hurst-Euless-Bedford)
    Humble
    Katy
    Northside
    Pearland
    Pflugerville
    Plano
    Richardson
    San Antonio

We hope these guides will equip voters with the knowledge and motivation to make a difference and start positively influencing Texas schools. Please share these guides with family, friends, neighbors, and churches that live in these districts.

Voter Guide

Endorsements

Yep! Your vote matters. Especially in these types of elections. They have terrible voter turnout records, so a small fraction of the voting population are electing these officials. I’m personally running for school board with our local ISD. The week of early voting had 34 ballots cast. I’m out here all day for Election Day voting and I’m the only vote that’s been cast today. Kinda sad.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Good information and thanks to you for sharing. Had not heard of Texas Values but will look them up and follow them.

Comment

Hmmmm they don’t list Peaster ISD and there is an election for trustee election today. Not to mention a tax bond election as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

They listed the big ones on the email but I thought they provided all of them on the links.

Comment

Working...
          X